Sony's PS4 Megathread (02/20/2013)

Author Topic: Sony's PS4 Megathread (02/20/2013)  (Read 16383 times)

if the prices of consoles and games keeps rising I'll just stick to pc permanently lol

Most developers stick to consoles because it's harder to pirate their games on consoles. The majority of PC gaming you will find now is MMORPGs and free games with items and hats that cost money

if the prices of consoles and games keeps rising I'll just stick to pc permanently lol
I'll stick to my Wii U.

I might get a new computer (or so my parents are hinting) but it's not guaranteed I'll be able to choose one I like.

I'll stick to my Wii U.

The Wii-U is failure written all over it. So it took the wii over 6 years to finally get HD in the form of a 300 dollar tablet that you can't take with you anywhere you want because the Wii-U only works at home.

Not to mention Nindendo doesn't even make a profit on the wii-u unless someone buys something from the store. So any future price cuts will just cripple their chance of a profit. Each wii-u system will be sold at a loss. They'd have to shut down all wii-u production if the price cuts went as low as say about 200 dollars or less.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:39:23 PM by Thé Lord Tony »

The Wii-U is failure written all over it.
You have divided by zero with that statement.  How can something be failure written upon itself?

The Wii-U is failure written all over it. So it took the wii over 6 years to finally get HD in the form of a 300 dollar tablet that you can't take with you anywhere you want because the Wii-U only works at home.
It's a console. That "tablet" is a controller with a touch screen on it.

It's a console. That "tablet" is a controller with a touch screen on it.

They don't make a profit selling the console or the controller. The Wii-U sold less than the vita.

Not to mention Nindendo doesn't even make a profit on the wii-u unless someone buys something from the store. So any future price cuts will just cripple their chance of a profit. Each wii-u system will be sold at a loss. They'd have to shut down all wii-u production if the price cuts went as low as say about 200 dollars or less.
Nothing to do with what i said but okay.

wii u sold out on release day in us, lol
it only lagged behind in the uk

last i heard it just takes one game for the Wii U to profit, though that was back in november so that might have changed by now. like with other console launches this generation, the lack of a decent day-one gaming library has been the issue. all the good games come out several months later, then they start getting sales up

either way, in the end these consoles do fine. they just "struggle" in the beginning

last i heard it just takes one game for the Wii U to profit, though that was back in november so that might have changed by now. like with other console launches this generation, the lack of a decent day-one gaming library has been the issue. all the good games come out several months later, then they start getting sales up

either way, in the end these consoles do fine. they just "struggle" in the beginning

Yeah but with any future price cuts it would take more than just one game to make a profit now.

How much will this thing even cost?

PS3 games, WON'T work on the PS4, but Sony promises to bring PS3 games downloadable from the cloud on PS4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0