Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 135975 times)

I imagine rewriting vehicle physics would fall to kompressor. Between the brick physics and lighting, low level stuff like that seems more his domain.

-dumb-
He never implied Blockland is switching to Torque 3D, he was saying that Blockland (as of now) probably has the same vehicle code as Torque 3D.

It doesn't.

The only thing that changed with the vehicle code is that it no longer supports T&I

I imagine rewriting vehicle physics would fall to kompressor. Between the brick physics and lighting, low level stuff like that seems more his domain.
It seems like Kompressor does most of the major engine stuff (physics, networking, lighting, rendering, etc). Badspot does more of the Torquescript stuff.

I'm saying that vehicle code in Torque3d is outdated.
The code has changed very little since the torque 1.2-1.5 days.
Using the vehicles in the torque3D demo still act like the vehicles in blockland.

I'm not imply we should use it.  It is just interesting to look at the code.

Did badspot fix it so that when you build in F8 mode you can change the direction you're looking and your brick movement will adjust to that direction? I was building a while ago and I could do that when I remember it not doing that before.

Did badspot fix it so that when you build in F8 mode you can change the direction you're looking and your brick movement will adjust to that direction? I was building a while ago and I could do that when I remember it not doing that before.

There was a NARG mod for that. Maybe you installed it.

I use a mod that does that

No I never installed any NARG mods.

Badspot told people on his server what has to be rewritten. It's somewhat complex sounding.

So basically, the connection can handle physics right now, but the actual code to do the physics right still needs to be figured out efficiently for the engine?

So basically, the connection can handle physics right now, but the actual code to do the physics right still needs to be figured out efficiently for the engine?
There appear to be pretty big issues with networking multiple player controlled vehicles interacting. Like how the client can't seem to decide if you're colliding when you drive behind another player even with plenty of space between you and them, or how running people over might end up with you driving straight through them only for them to jump a second later, then when you're on the other end, a vehicle kills you from ten feet away.

Well right now I cant really even play kart race.

Every time I'm behind someone or even in front and make a turn or something and end up colliding with them?
Its like I lag everywhere and it ends up throwing me off the track with out know what the hell happened.

does all environmentally placed water kill you instantly now for anyone else?

because i wanted to go on a rowboat ride with some of my friends and they all died, even in a custom server