Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 135921 times)

if anyone else other than Badspot said "it's just a matter at getting the code" I guarantee you someone would chew them out for being a moron

but he's a professional programmer and he's done this game wonders so he could probably just walk on the keyboard and good things would come to BL

does all environmentally placed water kill you instantly now for anyone else?

because i wanted to go on a rowboat ride with some of my friends and they all died, even in a custom server

Disable Gamemode_Speedkart. All it's features work outside of the actual gamemode too.
Badspot should prevent add-ons in the Gamemode category from showing up in the add-ons list.

Instead, if people want to maybe use some of the events it provides for making builds, there should be Resource_Gamemode_Speedkart add-ons and such, which the normal gamemode add-on uses too.

if anyone else other than Badspot said "it's just a matter at getting the code" I guarantee you someone would chew them out for being a moron

but he's a professional programmer and he's done this game wonders so he could probably just walk on the keyboard and good things would come to BL
"it's just a matter of getting the code" on it's own is pretty moronic.
However, with the context behind it "the networking issues have been fixed in other projects" makes "it's just a matter of getting the code" more sensible.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:22:29 PM by Chrono »

"it's just a matter of getting the code" on it's own is pretty moronic.
However, with the context behind it "the networking hissues have been fixed in other projects" makes "it's just a matter of getting the code" more sensible.
hee

Disable Gamemode_Speedkart. All it's features work outside of the actual gamemode too.
Badspot should prevent add-ons in the Gamemode category from showing up in the add-ons list.

Instead, if people want to maybe use some of the events it provides for making builds, there should be Resource_Gamemode_Speedkart add-ons and such, which the normal gamemode add-on uses too.

sou ka...? thanks bro

I disagree, since that would prevent you from using game modes with custom add-ons. It should be specified in the gamemode.txt file instead.

I disagree, since that would prevent you from using game modes with custom add-ons. It should be specified in the gamemode.txt file instead.

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but when you are in the default event camera mode, you can't respawn.

So, how do I fix the problem of all events being admin only?

Also, is there anyway to set the vehicle limit higher? I set everything to 9999 in the advanced menu before starting a server and it still doesn't let me make more than 20 vehicles.

Also, is there anyway to set the vehicle limit higher? I set everything to 9999 in the advanced menu before starting a server and it still doesn't let me make more than 20 vehicles.
This is done because Blockland apparently can't handle more than 20 vehicles without crashing.
There is a bypass via console but I don't remember it.

I forgot the reason the limit was placed though.
Makes me also wonder why you can only set the max players to 32.

So, how do I fix the problem of all events being admin only?
Disable admin only events?
This is done because Blockland apparently can't handle more than 20 vehicles without crashing.
There is a bypass via console but I don't remember it.

I forgot the reason the limit was placed though.
Makes me also wonder why you can only set the max players to 32.
It's because torque sucks and can only hold 20 physics vehicles as a hardcoded limit.
And 32 players...
I think that's enough.