50 (48.1%)
Flat plain, no cover
3 (2.9%)
Flat plain, some cover
10 (9.6%)
Other (please tell)
5 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Airsoft thread. This topics still alive and well!  (Read 101913 times)

Ya thats understandable. I might be going to my 1st organized war in 2 weeks. Ill have a better idea after that.
where is it?

where is it?
I dont really like to tell where I am. Its in the midwest.

I dont really like to tell where I am. Its in the midwest.
oh so like california?
darn.

oh so like california?
darn.
No like Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan area.

Anybody have any tips on how to make the WELL MB03 (VSR 10 'copy') quieter? I want to modify it so its not quite as loud. I might also get a tighter barrel.

Bump guys. I want halp. Posting other useful modifications would be nice too.

EDIT: Woa. 500th post =D

How loud could it already be?

How loud could it already be?
Not very, but in a war, the quieter it is the better.

Not very, but in a war, the quieter it is the better.
Unless you're planning on being a sniper or trying to stealth than you shouldn't be concerned. Its not like its a true war.

Unless you're planning on being a sniper or trying to stealth than you shouldn't be concerned. Its not like its a true war.
My plan is while in organized wars (like at an actual business) is being a legit sniper. I need to be as quiet as possible. Cant hear me, cant see me, can't hurt me.

My plan is while in organized wars (like at an actual business) is being a legit sniper. I need to be as quiet as possible. Cant hear me, cant see me, can't hurt me.
Ah.
Not sure what you can do to isolate the noise other than try to muffle it.

Ah.
Not sure what you can do to isolate the noise other than try to muffle it.
Ya. Im thinking about putting a piece of burlap or foam where the bolt slams shut so it doesn't make noise. It would help camo that part of the gun too. I have the front 1/2 of the gun covered in burlap and camo duct tape. Ill post a pic if you guys want me to.

Hi guys I'm just gonna drop by.

I like to implement pyrotechnics in my airsoft.

Had a game back in January with 8 people in my back woods, and with the aid of powdered sugar and some potassium nitrate my friend and I made a nice smoke bomb. We threw it off to the side a bit, and two teammates used it as cover to get into the woods and my friend and I used it as a distraction to get into the other side, as the area we were fighting in was cleared out with power lines going through, the woods on either side of it.

Sandwiched between the open area and the highway, my friend and I quietly moved through the woods, turning our radios off. It was BYOG, so each team could only use what they had (Minus a kid on the other team who borrowed my old sniper, "Screwed Up Sally.) It was winter, so the cover of trees was non existent. Eventually we heard the electric M14 my friend had in the distance, followed by the distinct clicking of my spring M500 that a teammate had borrowed, and they were later hit and out of the game, leaving me with an MP5 and CO2 M9 and my friend with a spring sniper, not modeled after anything specific. My whole team was using my weapons, except for the one with the M14. The whole other team brought their own, except for the lucky one to get Screwed Up Sally. Me being a medic, we managed to relieve our teammates from death and proceeded down the treeline.

Walking across a snow-covered frozen lake, we met our enemies and fought. My friend, with the sniper, and I were up on a pretty steep hill, maybe a 70 degree incline, and about fifteen or twenty feet above the surface of the lake. We were crouched and capped the orange tips with snow (Not a good idea in public, especially since the highway was right next to us, but shielded by light tree cover), and waited. The other two, armed with an M14 that occasionally misfires and a shotgun with only 8 BB's in it, hid in some bushes. Towards the middle of the lake was a mound of dirt, only about 8 feet high, but a relatively similar inclination. When they got past that, we opened fire. Two of our guys were hit, and so were two of theirs. They took cover on the mound of dirt while we had a fallen tree up on our "cliff" to hide behind. Eventually, 3 of them were down, and just one remained. I don't know specifically what gun he had, but it was far more powerful than ours, full metal, and priced a good 100 dollars above our most expensive gun, the MP5, which was only 130 dollars off Airsplat. His BB's tore through the tiny branches that made ours ping and deflect around, but didn't hit us. He ran out of ammo, so we got up and hit him while he ran for cover, as he had been just standing in the open firing.'

That was pretty much the end of our match. About an hour and a half long in an area about a half a mile long, a quarter of a mile wide, and with only eight people. It was really great.

And that's just my story. I have to get it out that I play airsoft as well, and I figured the best way to do so is with a wall of text and some recollection of a past game.

Ya. Im thinking about putting a piece of burlap or foam where the bolt slams shut so it doesn't make noise. It would help camo that part of the gun too. I have the front 1/2 of the gun covered in burlap and camo duct tape. Ill post a pic if you guys want me to.
Burlap might not be as sound muffling as you think.
A pic would be nice.

Burlap might not be as sound muffling as you think.
A pic would be nice.

Ok ill post a pic later.