Airsoft thread. This topics still alive and well!

Poll

Where do you like to battle?

Forest
36 (34.6%)
City
50 (48.1%)
Flat plain, no cover
3 (2.9%)
Flat plain, some cover
10 (9.6%)
Other (please tell)
5 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Airsoft thread. This topics still alive and well!  (Read 101850 times)

So I just went out to play airsoft for the first time with a bunch of my friends in the woods, and I gotta say, I suck a lot of richard.

I suck soooooooo hard.
No one will judge you for your loveuality.
Okay time to be serious.

You need to be able to keep hidden and take down people quickly, I would recommend that you stick to thick parts if you don't want to be shot.

No one will judge you for your loveuality.
Okay time to be serious.

You need to be able to keep hidden and take down people quickly, I would recommend that you stick to thick parts if you don't want to be shot.
I was an idiot and ran to light cover whenever I was under heavy fire. I'll keep that in mind next week.

I was an idiot and ran to light cover whenever I was under heavy fire. I'll keep that in mind next week.
Thick trees are your friend, get behind those and have your back to the tree so you can make a hastier retreat if someone comes around, and you can watch both sides more effectively.
If you're facing the tree than when you go to run you can hit the tree much easier.

Try and coordinate with a couple other people.  I swear, playing it like BF3 works of you are fast paced enough.

Try and coordinate with a couple other people.  I swear, playing it like BF3 works of you are fast paced enough.
Honestly, video games barely help..

Playing airsoft like a FPS won't work.

guys i have a confession

i've never airsofted before. i'm getting a gun sometime this year. any suggestions on what to wear and behave on the field?

Get a good gun, keep behind some cover, and actually contribute to the game.
As for what to wear just wear normal clothing. Unless you want to wear armor.

guys i have a confession

i've never airsofted before. i'm getting a gun sometime this year. any suggestions on what to wear and behave on the field?

This completely depends on who you are. In a mislim game, you wear a BDU, some sort of vest/rig, helmet goggles. But if your more for richarding around with your friends, maybe some baggy cloths if your afraid to get shot.

Also when it comes to buying a gun, don't just order one because it looks nice, shop around, actually hold the gun to see if it feels comfortable to you.

This completely depends on who you are. In a mislim game, you wear a BDU, some sort of vest/rig, helmet goggles. But if your more for richarding around with your friends, maybe some baggy cloths if your afraid to get shot.

Also when it comes to buying a gun, don't just order one because it looks nice, shop around, actually hold the gun to see if it feels comfortable to you.

How'd I manage to forget goggles :/

i was thinking of getting an AEG mp7 and a gas blow back 1911.
for clothing on the field, i was going to wear some black combat trousers, black army boots, gray longsleved shirt, black tact. vest, black tinted protective sunglasses and a coat (because english weather)

edit: i've held a 1911 IRL. i liked the feel off the grip and the magazine release is very convenient for cqb
edit 2: my budget is £225 with guns. i'm CQB is what i'm looking for atm
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:51:26 PM by MunkeyCheez »

i was thinking of getting an AEG mp7 and a gas blow back 1911.
for clothing on the field, i was going to wear some black combat trousers, black army boots, gray longsleved shirt, black tact. vest, black tinted protective sunglasses and a coat (because english weather)

edit: i've held a 1911 IRL. i liked the feel off the grip and the magazine release is very convenient for cqb
edit 2: my budget is £225 with guns. i'm CQB is what i'm looking for atm
If you're spending that much on guns, don't cheap out on your primary.
Serioudly, you don't need a handgun.

even if you need a secondary dont get a GBB, those are wastes of money

I paid like $400 for this a few years ago and used it once...

guys i have a confession

get a face mask and if you want a nice jacket that's comfortable and durable get a condor softshell. make sure you also have boots.

and on the field, don't "light anyone up" and always call your shots.