Poll

Opinion?

Good
Bad
Bacon

Author Topic: Furdle's ARES Application: Millennium Falcon  (Read 7595 times)

Millennium Falcon
Corellian light Freighter YT-1300 Series (modified by Han Solo)
Manufacturer: Corellian Engeneering Corporation
Length: 26.7 Meters
Engine: Class 0.5 Hyperdrive
Speed: 1,050 Kilometers Per Hour in Atmosphere
Weapons: 12 Quad Laser Cannons, 1 Mounted Anti-Infantry Swivel Laser Cannon, Concussion Missles
Capacity: 2 Pilots, 6 Passengers and up to 100 metric Tons of Cargo
Build Time: 25 hours over two days (about 3 hours research)
This is an exact replica, scale 1:1
The Interior is also replicated, but not detailed enough so pictures are withheld.

Rate /10

9/10 looks very cool.

nice job Furdle

I'm gonna say no, and here's why:

No interior
The interior is a very important thing on a spaceship, as it's the one thing everyone will be using

Unoriginal exterior
The interior bit wouldn't matter if you had been creative on the exterior, but since you copied it from pictures rather than your own imagination, it's a double no-no on that

The bottom looks bland
Saying it's like that because you wanted to match the original is no excuse - it's still ugly

The roosterpit looks wierd
I have tons of problems with this myself so I'm not gonna write you off on that, bu it still adds to the above factors.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:45:15 AM by TheArmyGuy »

Post the brickcount and interior I looked at, at your server since I grade applications on that as well.
Creativity 1
Brickcount 2
Use of bricks 1
Outside appreance 2
Inside appreance 2
spammy-ness 2
over all it will be out of  10 now lets see
0 - Do I have to explain why on this one?
- - post brick count please.
.5 -using vertical print plates allways shows you were to lazy to come up with soulutions using normal bricks.
1 - lacking of detail in multiple areas and to much in others.
2 - just work on interior roof detail.
.5 - many cases on exterior where you abuse a plate brick as a wall brick.
Current score- 4/10
brick count effect two of the other things graded so post that and it will depend on wether you get my vote to join or not. Don't change anything since then I will just go ahead and give a straight no. Fixing an application shows you paid no attention to these items the first time around.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:05:15 AM by Bester Bageler »

A few questions- What does it do?
Also, is there the secret cargo compartment to hide in?

Lastly, I feel like you could re do the stuff on the top and do stuff on the bottom of the ship, since its just plates and the such

I'm gonna say no for the reasons listed above. I'm sure you worked hard on it, but...

many cases on exterior where you abuse a plate brick as a wall brick.
in his defense, the brick he used was the 1x4x8 wing plate, something that does not have a standard brick equivalent

in his defense, the brick he used was the 1x4x8 wing plate, something that does not have a standard brick equivalent
in his offense, he should have been able to find away to make the curve without having to do that.

in his offense, he should have been able to find away to make the curve without having to do that.
point taken

I'm gonna say no, and here's why:

No interior
The interior is a very important thing on a spaceship, as it's the one thing everyone will be using

Unoriginal exterior
The interior bit wouldn't matter if you had been creative on the exterior, but since you copied it from pictures rather than your own imagination, it's a double no-no on that

The bottom looks bland
Saying it's like that because you wanted to match the original is no excuse - it's still ugly

The roosterpit looks wierd
I have tons of problems with this myself so I'm not gonna write you off on that, bu it still adds to the above factors.

No interior? It does have a full interior, just haven't got round to it yet.
Unoriginal exterior? Are you handicapped? Its a replica and obviously must be THE original
The bottom looks bland? Pictures do no justice for this, its more detailed than the top
The roosterpit looks weird? Yeah, it does.

You made one good point.
Also, there isnt really any way to get the curve without using the plate wedges :/ I did lots of planning, working out the EXACT dimensions and stuff for this, if you have a problem with it, I suggest you tell Lucas Arts how stuff of a job they did?

I do believe no one has nearly made good enough replica star wars vehicles than me, so you have nothing to compare it to. If you could make an exact scale replica of the millennium falcon, then I guess you can properly judge me, but since none of the ARES members even do replica space ships, you cant really judge me.

Accept me if you want, I just want to share my skill in replica vehicle building with ARES.
(If you don't think I have skill with replica vehicle building, check this- http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=206698.0)

Unoriginal exterior? Are you handicapped?
well it's good to see you're making some strong impressions with the ARES crew

Furdle.
ARES wants builders able to build spaceships that are not based on existing designs.
Original builds.

Not recreated star ships.

If you do not get that, i only have one thing left to say:
Are you handicapped?

So if your building skills are truly that great, show them a space ship of your own design.
Inspiration from other designs is not the same as recreating a design.

you cant really judge me.

Accept me if you want
Well since we can't judge you and we only judge apps this is not an application. Since you never applied your not getting in. Now go make an application and we will talk!