It's Time to Increase the Lighting Limit

Author Topic: It's Time to Increase the Lighting Limit  (Read 1197 times)

It's really time the point light limit goes away or becomes a customizable option. I can't stand the low limit of lights I can have near each other without having the farthest away dim out.

We really need free reign over lights like we did before.

I know no player made mod can fix or help this problem but its worth mentioning it again till Baddy takes notice. Please up the limit or take it away.

We really need free reign over lights like we did before.
????

the limit's always been there. pretty sure it's a limitation with openGL itself

????

the limit's always been there. pretty sure it's a limitation with openGL itself

Don't think so.
Way back when I started I remember having no limit to lighting.
Or, at least having a much bigger limit..

That's irrelevant either way. We need more lights now, who cares what it was like in the past

The light limit currently is 7. It needs to be at least twice that.

Light Limit? Afraid i'm not understanding here.

Light Limit? Afraid i'm not understanding here.

If you more than a certain amount of lights near each other at one time, the furthest light goes out.
You can only see 7 lights at once hence "light limit".

You'd see it easily if you tried to build on a dark map.

the light limit really needs to raise

Have fun figuring out how to do that: https://www.google.com/search?q=opengl+8+light

Looks rather discouraging. That's a shame.
I can't make heads or tails of what's being said in those topics other than that there is no simple way to achieve more that eight lights.

The 8 light limit is a problem with openGL's built in support for lighting, Using shaders however should be a different story.

The 8 light limit is a problem with openGL's built in support for lighting, Using shaders however should be a different story.

So technically, there is a way around the hard limit though shaders then.

It has been "time" to increase the limit forever. I've always hated that limit, it really takes away from the quality of builds. And it's near impossible to light builds well with only 7 at a time.
     Is there some way to make something that acts just like a light, but works differently so we can get past the limit?