Coolest playable race?

Human
Avian
Apex
Floran
Hylotl
Glitch
Novakid

Author Topic: Starbound Megathread - Version 1.3.2  (Read 775144 times)

You can't have an 'actually better' opinion based on their background or appearance. 'Actuality' implies factual, and the only way to judge on that is their statistics, in which case, they're all the exact same.
However, I think we can all agree that (once implemented) the racial bonuses for hylotl, avians, and apex are shaping up to be rather poor compared to the humans, glitch, and floran.
That being said you can always get your human friend to make racial armor for your apex character or whatever so the races themselves are still identical. I just don't see the appeal of being able to jump higher or glide when there's a tech that lets you straight up fly, and water breathing isn't that great of a bonus when an almost-required piece of back armor grants you water and space breathing.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:51:37 PM by Qwepir »

the racial bonuses should come from a full set of armor, regardless of the race that is wearing it

Do the current tiered armors have the same stats for all races?

However, I think we can all agree that (once implemented) the racial bonuses for hylotl, avians, and apex are shaping up to be rather poor compared to the humans, glitch, and floran.
That being said you can always get your human friend to make racial armor for your apex character or whatever so the races themselves are still identical. I just don't see the appeal of being able to jump higher or glide when there's a tech that lets you straight up fly, and water breathing isn't that great of a bonus when an almost-required piece of back armor grants you water and space breathing.
a better bonus for later teirs would be nice
like maybe if you wear hyloyl armor you can swim in poison without being poisoned but your breath goes down fast in later teirs or something

When was the last decent sized update anyway (excluding holiday)?

Do the current tiered armors have the same stats for all races?
yes
theres no racial bonuses yet

I think avians apex and Hylotls should have a added on bonus so its more evened out for all races.
Avians can glide and also have they have Higher Energy (cause Magical crystal stuff)
Apex get whatever they have and Crafting things cost 20% less materials
Hylotl get whatever they have and can swim in Poison without being hurt
would make it more balanced for all races.

dem wings alongside the demon horns ningen can make

(found the wings on enemies)

I think that human's racial ability doesn't make sense, I mean, all races have something that represent them, but humans have larger inventory space. I mean, I don't really think we are all that greedy and keep everything to ourselves, why not have something more interesting?

we are kinda really self-centered species

I think that human's racial ability doesn't make sense, I mean, all races have something that represent them, but humans have larger inventory space. I mean, I don't really think we are all that greedy and keep everything to ourselves, why not have something more interesting?
Resourcefulness. And what are you talking about "interesting", who cares if its interesting, expanded inventory space is going to be incredibly useful.

Why do I have a bunch of glittery stuff falling from the sky on me world?

Why do I have a bunch of glittery stuff falling from the sky on me world?
I think that's shooting stars or something
can't remember the name but it happens sometimes.