Glass Trench Wars [Classic - 4Days only!]

Poll

Do you enjoy classic trench?

Yes!
20 (40%)
Nope.
30 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Glass Trench Wars [Classic - 4Days only!]  (Read 5720 times)

Looks like BF3 weapons are worse than they were on the surface.
A huge pile of packages doing nothing shouldn't create any lag

I looked at the file and it seems to do that a lot, and there are many instances of zig-zagging.

Imagine a server.
Filled with at least 50 weapons each with their own package for the light AND trigger commands.

Now, imagine that server with 50 people, each firing at a rate of a simple 10 bullets per minute, and each using the light key to reload around once a minute.

That's over 458 function calls per second.

Raise that bullet rate to 30 bullets per minute, and you have to raise the reload rate to around 3 times per minute.

That's 1,375 functions calls per second. And when there's a large battle going on, that can raise upwards of 2300 function calls per second.

For torque, that's a damn lot to handle.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:31:33 PM by Ipquarx »

Aha,

It's the weapons.
Yeah, that might be a good indication. It doesn't look like anything is being deliberately spammed, though. Possible that with all the calls to onTrigger you'd get hosting a 40 person deathmatch, that unbelievably stuffty mess of packages is causing some minor impact that builds up.

And when you place a dirt on a 64x brick that's almost 30000 iterations of one function at once, lagging a full server for about 1 second.

Oh god I just opened one of the weapons in the BF3 pack. Kill me. Please. With a properly made weapon.

The formatting is hideous and inconsistent, indicative of someone who copy/pasted code from other mediums a lot. Probably just did trial and error with the code until it worked then copied it into all of them with a find/replace to change the datablock names. At the risk of my personal safety, I opened a couple more and found a bunch of the particles are just copy/pastes and it's probably using altogether fifteen times more datablocks than necessary for the exact same visual effects. How on earth did this pass RTB quality standards?

Sadly we cannot do anything about it but it would be great if people stopped using that horrible pack. I would say try different guns bit Glass' general understanding of players demand is down the stuffter.

In the end I think a very good ratio of people do not like this server.

Hahaha - go away.
But I don't want to miss out on your original genius invention!

But I don't want to miss out on your original genius invention!
I never even claimed it was original. Seriously. forget off.

Someone should remake a pack like BF3, it was a nice idea, realistic weapons, even though not all of us like it, it adds some variety. Remake it and make it not stuff up the server like it's making popcorn out of it.

I never even claimed it was original. Seriously. forget off.
Your server quality never goes above your forum reputation.

And for good reason too, you aren't just this misjudged person that has his past constantly brought up.

Your server quality never goes above your forum reputation.

bullstuff he doesn't have a good forums rep

and bf3 is a terrible pack kill it Glass

it adds some variety.
To what? Certainly not to the game, when tons of servers are all using the same bunch of mediocre weapons, and certainly not within individual servers, when you have no idea what the difference between the QP74-BCLOLOL and the GB-O√891-ÜÉæ123 is before they fire them and learn they're two similar SMGs.

bullstuff he doesn't have a good forums rep
You just implied his server was good.