How do I uninstall Linux Ubuntu?

Author Topic: How do I uninstall Linux Ubuntu?  (Read 1416 times)

I installed Ubuntu alongside Windows 7 using a CD/DVD RW, but I have no idea how to uninstall it.
Does anyone know how and is willing to help me?

Delete the partition you installed it on?

Delete the partition.

Then resize and/or format it if you need too.

I am not a smart man, I don't really get it.
When ever I boot I get a menu that allows me to choose what I want to boot, If I don't do anything it automatically boots Ubuntu

I'm also having this problem. When I open "Create and format hard disk partitions" there are only three partitions, my SSD, my HDD, and "System Reserved", which is in my SSD. I don't see anything that seems to be an Ubuntu partition.

When ever I boot I get a menu that allows me to choose what I want to boot, If I don't do anything it automatically boots Ubuntu
Try booting into Windows if you have it installed. Or another operating system installed.

I'm also having this problem. When I open "Create and format hard disk partitions" there are only three partitions, my SSD, my HDD, and "System Reserved", which is in my SSD. I don't see anything that seems to be an Ubuntu partition.
Assuming you're trying to change partitions under a Windows operating system, the partition won't show itself because Windows isn't able to recognize the format of the partition. (ex. ext2, ext3, ext4)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:30:03 PM by Tyler66 »

Boot into windows > Start menu > Computer >right click select manage > select Disk Management > Select hard drive > Click the partition you have Ubuntu installed on (when in Ubuntu it should say X of Y gb free, find the partition that's size is Y > Right Click > Delete volume (Make sure not to loving delete the windows partition) > Right click windows partition > Expand to get the empty space back to the windows partition

If you delete the partition (provided it's on the same drive) without reinstalling the Windows Boot Loader MBR code, you will not be able to boot back into Windows, as GRUB will be missing. If you've already deleted the Linux partitions and cannot seem to boot, insert your Windows 7 disk and enter Recovery Mode. Open a Command Prompt. I think the command is "BootRec.exe /fixboot" or something of the sort, if I'm wrong, there should be tutorials somewhere on the internet. If you can boot into Windows, install EasyBCD. After you get it running and have already selected the BCD Store to edit, click on "BCD Deployment", select "Install Windows Vista/7 bootloader to the MBR" and click "Write MBR."

People should really start using Wubi when installing Linux alongside Windows... -_-

People should really start using Wubi when installing Linux alongside Windows... -_-
On Windows 8 Linux Boots alongside with Windows 8 and I think you can post swap OS at any time.

Everything works fine, but Ubuntu doesn't do to great on my PC. That's why I want to get rid of it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:59:39 PM by Timezbrick »

I hate when things doesn't to great.

at first I thought this post made sense

Thank you for pointing that out..