Author Topic: Blockland mod market system?  (Read 13806 times)

your dad is a dumbass btw

Just wondering if anyone brought this up:

Does this idea not violate blockland's EULA?
IIRC, there's a part that's similar to: "Content created for this game can not be commercially distributed, on a pay-to-use system"

professional developers CAN make better addons, and WILL if there is a great incentive to do so.
Any 'professional developer' playing Blockland that wants to make add-ons is already doing so.
You're not going to make a 'professional developer' that doesn't play blockland join, learn the language, and make add-ons for a few dollars when he could make better things with better languages that would reach a larger audience and sell them for more money.

Just wondering if anyone brought this up:

Does this idea not violate blockland's EULA?
IIRC, there's a part that's similar to: "Content created for this game can not be commercially distributed, on a pay-to-use system"

Some deal could just be worked out with badspot, or does that have to do with GarageGames?

Any 'professional developer' playing Blockland that wants to make add-ons is already doing so.
You're not going to make a 'professional developer' that doesn't play blockland join, learn the language, and make add-ons for a few dollars when he could make better things with better languages that would reach a larger audience and sell them for more money.

That might be true, but if Blockland where to get on steam, what about then, when the audience could grow quite considerably?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:24:31 PM by Gartanium »

this idea is bad and you should feel bad.

So your basicly suggesting for Blockland to be just like Roblox with all of those useless overpriced items...

Stop fighting.

This is bullstuff, really.

You can never get this to work. We are a community of kids and teens and no one will pay for stuff, honestly, we already know that you want to make an economy of buying addons and p2p. It is stupid though. People make addons because they know some people with enjoy it. They don't do it for the money. Some server hosters today, want people to join their original servers. If they started forcing people to p2p, everyone has absolutely
 no choice of a server they want, because a barrier creates a "you cannot play good server unless you pay, go ahead and play family rp."

Going onto the fact that people will scam. If you think that a server is good, you pay for it, and you get banned the next minute. If you think an addon is good, you pay for it, then you suddenly have a crappy mod that doesn't say what it really is.

It's better to have the modding community full of people who do it for fun (although sometimes there's an ego thrown in) than to have it full of people who do it for money.

Stop fighting.

This is bullstuff, really.

You can never get this to work. We are a community of kids and teens and no one will pay for stuff, honestly, we already know that you want to make an economy of buying addons and p2p. It is stupid though. People make addons because they know some people with enjoy it. They don't do it for the money. Some server hosters today, want people to join their original servers. If they started forcing people to p2p, everyone has absolutely
 no choice of a server they want, because a barrier creates a "you cannot play good server unless you pay, go ahead and play family rp."

Going onto the fact that people will scam. If you think that a server is good, you pay for it, and you get banned the next minute. If you think an addon is good, you pay for it, then you suddenly have a crappy mod that doesn't say what it really is.

Right, then there should be a system in place, like administrators endorcing addons etc. It should all be official, and I doubt that more then a few addons would actually be sold.
We are a community of teens and kids, who you forget, paid for Blockland.

The game that I have using as an example, again, Mount and blade which, actualy sold the Napoleonic wars mod, has only been selling that one mod.

Creating a system for us to sell addons wouldn't make most people attempt to sell their addons. Only the elite and best ones would be sold.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:46:34 PM by Gartanium »

this threads wins the award for dumbest thread ever

this threads wins the award for dumbest thread ever

No it doesn't.

I have that one in my signature.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=190789.0  <-- Dumbest thread ever made.

No it doesn't.

I have that one in my signature.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=190789.0  <-- Dumbest thread ever made.

So a younger member of the community posts an idea, and instead of helping him and encouraging him, yall harras him? Ingenious. Bravo.

So a younger member of the community posts an idea, and instead of helping him and encouraging him, yall harras him? Ingenious. Bravo.

Your suggestion is wicked simple:  Make a website, place add-ons on website, charge for them.  Instead of being a hypocrite and harassing me for my post (instead of a topic like you accused me of doing) go and make your suggestion a reality.

You even said yourself earlier that you are only trying to convince Badspot of this suggestion.  Yet you leave this topic up.  Is your intention just to argue with other people?

The bullstuff about your father posting on your behalf truly ruined anything you had going for you.  I was actually down with the idea of paying scripters and such to work on cooler things.  I was.  However, I'd much rather just donate to those who currently work for the pleasure of the game.

Currently I'm looking at Marble Man as being the most outgoing in terms of doing community stuff.  Just a heads up if you feel like following your own ideas.  I bet that guy could use a donation from you.

nope

lmao, touche.  However I wasn't there for that one, so I'm keeping the one I have in my signature.

No one can or should help someone script an event that literally runs another game on a screen in-game.