2013/03/11 - Blockland r1855

Author Topic: 2013/03/11 - Blockland r1855  (Read 58629 times)

Isn't there a persisting glitch where, if you start to upload a build in a server that isn't yours, you can't cycle through your inventory?  I am pretty sure this glitch has been long overlooked. 
Oh man, i've thought it was only me this entire time. I detest this bug with all of my heart.

Oh man, i've thought it was only me this entire time.
Nope.  I've been experiencing this bug since v10.

Nope.  I've been experiencing this bug since v10.
Is the same one where, if you load something in someone elses server, and you happen to be typing something into the chat when the Loading Bar at the top appears, you get stuck in typing and can't send the message or any others, until the loading finishes or if you disconnect and rejoin?

Because that one has been around for ages and it also annoys me.

Or the one where a non-host loads (large) a save on a server and someone else starts loading another save. The last save loads and the first save will keep loading and after it's done the load fails. I found this out the hard way. That's one 30 minutes I'll never get back.

Or the one where a non-host loads (large) a save on a server and someone else starts loading another save. The last save loads and the first save will keep loading and after it's done the load fails. I found this out the hard way. That's one 30 minutes I'll never get back.
I thought the game was supposed to prevent you from loading a save if another upload is already in progress?

I know if someone is loading something, and an Admin attempts to upload, it will cancel the first person's upload and just do the Admin's.

I'm not sure if two Admin's can load at the same time, or if they have to wait or if they interrupt each other or not.

I know if someone is loading something, and an Admin attempts to upload, it will cancel the first person's upload and just do the Admin's.
Only admins can upload saves

Only admins can upload saves
Oh yes. I'm being silly.
Thinking about my server, where the only people who ever upload are my friends. They always have Admin, and I forget that's the case.

So to correct myself then, I know that if an Admin uploads a save, and then the host uploads during it, the Admin's is cancelled and the Hosts load goes through.

Can an SA overrule an Admin uploading, as the host can?
And if 2 Admins upload at the same time, it's supposed to stop the second one, isn't it? Which apparantely doesn't happen for Demian?

That was a bit pointless, was it not?

the two loading bugs have been around literally since retail. they've been at approximately zero priority level for most of that time, though.

the two loading bugs have been around literally since retail. they've been at approximately zero priority level for most of that time, though.
Why though, isnt it such an easy fix? Host has authority over everyone, SA has authority over A (SA and A is something with RTB I think) and A is just by itself. Then it's just to have something that checks if a save is being loaded and by what user and their authority.

Why though, isnt it such an easy fix? Host has authority over everyone, SA has authority over A (SA and A is something with RTB I think) and A is just by itself. Then it's just to have something that checks if a save is being loaded and by what user and their authority.
oh no, i meant the text chat and scrolling bits, the loading i have absolutely no idea about.

This is my first reply. Deal with it.

Well he made it to 30 posts...

I heard something about flying sharks. Is this possible?

Oh yes. I'm being silly.
Thinking about my server, where the only people who ever upload are my friends. They always have Admin, and I forget that's the case.

So to correct myself then, I know that if an Admin uploads a save, and then the host uploads during it, the Admin's is cancelled and the Hosts load goes through.

Can an SA overrule an Admin uploading, as the host can?
And if 2 Admins upload at the same time, it's supposed to stop the second one, isn't it? Which apparantely doesn't happen for Demian?

That was a bit pointless, was it not?
/cancelsavefileupload

I think...

I heard something about flying sharks. Is this possible?
Events.

/cancelsavefileupload

I think...

Yeah, but it doesn't get rid of the overlay. You'd have to do something like this in console afterwards:

canvas.popDialog(loadingDlg);

If it isn't loadingDlg, it's loadingGUI. One of those two.