Author Topic: 2013/03/11 - Blockland r1855  (Read 59376 times)

A ban limit will never be added because anyone with a little scripting knowledge can make their own ban add-on case closed.

When i ban People from my server, they are banned forever. That's all. Adding a ban limit will be gay.

How about Badspot adds in a permaban limit so you never reach that point in the first place? Since having over 30 people forever banned from your server is just ridiculous. Along with that a limit would force the host to think over who was more of an idiot and was there ban really worth it?
What if you want to perma-ban someone like Glass? You'd run out within the week!

It would be the Dlg, I also have the editor installed still so I can just hit f10 twice.
F10 - the magic "fix everything" key!

Bushido, don't take this so seriously. It's not like it will actually get implemented. Nothing more than a comical speculation.

for some reason i never feel it necessary to ban anyone. some people here have a really low tolerance of douches who don't actually do anything bad but are dumb anyways. personally i just ignore them and if they really clog up the chat i'll kick them, but most cases they just leave because i/everybody else on the server ignores them.

not gonna say banning isn't useful though. i've had to ban/permaban a few in my 4-5 years of experience.

well, i don't know bageler, so i assume that he's just being stupid.

still doesn't make it any better an idea, though

Yeah, my ban list grows quicker than hair.

My banlists usually accumulate up to 500 people by the time i clear them (only on christmas and thanksgiving).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:26:40 AM by Planr »

My banlists usually accumulate up to 500 people by the time i clear them (only on christmas and thanksgiving).
Jesus Christ, how many idiots come on your server?

My banlist consists of 3 people.

Jesus Christ, how many idiots come on your server?
not that many really, it just accumulates people over time and i never bother to clear it except on holidays or when people ask me if they can be unbanned

For my server, once everything is all done, it'll be pretty difficult to get yourself banned because there wont be much to abuse.

But since it's not done, week for spam, two weeks for offensive spam.
I also permaban people who forget up other people's servers.

not that many really, it just accumulates people over time and i never bother to clear it except on holidays or when people ask me if they can be unbanned
I've only banned 3 people in my 2.5 years of playing Blockland. Okay, I might not be hosting very often. But even if I would, I doubt my banlist would exceed 20 entries a year.

yes yes you're a real saint

there's nothing wrong with banning people. i don't know why you guys don't do it more often, especially if you flat-out don't want that kind of person on your server