Author Topic: Blockland Trading Card Game  (Read 3376 times)

This sounds really cool, but what did these cards look like?

I cant remember, this was 5 years ago..
If someone showed me a picture I would probably recognise it.

double pasta.

Zacks found this...
I believe it IS this

double pasta.

Zacks found this...
I believe it IS this

Da faq

Actually, if it were a card game, playable users would need their ID listed on the card.

There's a few kinds of playable cards - Users and Add-Ons particularly. Add-Ons are associated with events which display effects on the playing field. Played Add-Ons must be attached to a user in play before being used.

Users have several classes - Host, SA, Admin, Normal, and Noob. SA and Host are among the top tier class of playable user cards. Only 1 Host is permitted per deck.

The classes of user cards change the color of the card itself.
Host - Orange
SA - Yellow
Admin - Silver/Grey
Normal - Blue
Noob - Black

All Add-On cards are green.

Well, that was fun.

I remember attempting this as one of first projects.... It'd be fun to play around with, I may give it another try.

I decided to make a better card with a style that would be easy to modify for anyone who wanted to make their own cards.

If this were to follow Randomness's style of gameplay, then it would be possible.
I think his idea was great, but there should be brick cards.
The brick cards can activate different effects based on the card itself, such as a 1x4x5 brick card could block a hit, or a vehicle spawner could let the player withdraw an Add-On card.

-snip-

These brick cards would be red, then.

In the entire 40,000 total of cards there must be, only about 15-20 of them are Host rarity. Not only are they high tier cards (such as Badspot obviously), but are usually hard to find. Also, cards must display their class (Normal, SA, Add-On, Brick, etc).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:47:12 PM by Randomness »

I tried remaking this and people disagreed so loving much about how it should work I gave up.

edit: oh, and I was even less dedicated to my projects than I am now
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:58:16 PM by DrenDran »

I tried remaking this and people disagreed so loving much about how it should work I gave up.

lol
anyway

why not make the cards in it's own unique fashion, instead of looking like yu-gi-oh or pokemon cards?

Then we'll seperate this system from what others want to do with the card game.

Random Standard
There's a few kinds of playable cards - Users, Add-Ons and Bricks.

Users
Information displayed on a user card are as follows: BL_ID, Name (or forum name if name changes often), Weapons, Effect, Class, and Brick Limit (if one is present).

Users have several classes - Host, SA, Admin, Normal, and Noob. SA and Host are among the top tier class of playable user cards. Only 1 Host is permitted per deck.

The classes of user cards change the color of the card itself.
Host - Orange
SA - Yellow
Admin - Silver/Grey
Normal - Blue
Noob - Black

Add-Ons
Add-Ons are associated with events which display effects on the playing field. Played Add-Ons must be attached to a user in play before being used. All Add-On cards are green.

GameModes are not permitted Add-On cards - Gamemode is the term for a complete deck - a set of users, addons and bricks.

To execute an addon, it must be attached to a user before execution. An Add-On can have an effect on the user, or vice versa, some users forbidding attachment of certain add-ons.

Bricks/Builds
Bricks are considered parts of builds - they are attached to add-ons or users. A user can have many bricks attached to the card as it permits, some users having a brick limit.

Builds absorb damage, but they usually have requirements before attachment (may require some bricks being attached before the build is attached itself) and absorb a lot more damage.

All brick cards are red.
All build cards are purple.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:32:42 PM by Randomness »

snip
Congratulations, you turned Blockland into a card game.
Wow.

Then we'll seperate this system from what others want to do with the card game.
Want me to make some templates?

Want me to make some templates?

Sure, one for user, one for add-ons, one for a brick, and one for a build.

I remember attempting this as one of first projects.... It'd be fun to play around with, I may give it another try.
Me too. It would be neat if something like this was done, but it wouldn't be as fun if cards weren't universal (not on all servers and not transferable).
A dedicated server made specifically for the cards would need to be made.