Author Topic: Favorite games?  (Read 1292 times)

What game is your favorite? The game that made you look at it and think "This is more than just a game, it is a..."

Mine was the original Half Life. It was unlike anything else I'd ever played of felt before. It was the first time a game had ever scared me, and I loved it. Every scene was built with such a passion I felt almost like I was there. The lo-res textures didn't matter. It was the atmosphere. The radiation made me want to move away, the aliens filled me with curiosity and the levels made me think. It wasn't just a game for me. It was an adventure, and expirience and a puzzle. And it was perfect.

I feel like someone makes this same topic every three days.

I feel like someone makes this same topic every three days.
that's a great one

mine are LoL, TESV, SS13, and Total War: Shogun 2.

Morrowind, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Mass Effect 2, AC Series.

Too many great games! Half-Life, L4D, Portal, TF2, Halo, Counter-Strike, DOOM, DayZ, Gears of War, Amnesia The Dark Descent, Alien Swarm....

My absolute favorite game series is Mass Effect.

If I had to pick a favorite, Mass Effect 2.

Absolute favorite game: Halo 3.
Favorite series: Tales. Specifically Aselia's timeline.

red dead redemption
oblivion

Pokemon, MW2, Blockland, TF2, Gmod, Minecraft, Saints Row 3, Skyrim, SS13, Sonic Heroes, Portal 2, Digimon Dawn, Super Mario 64, Unreal Tournament 1999/2003/2004/3

Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3, and Twinsanity, and Cave Story.

Team Fortress 2 and Blockland.

Nox, Simcity 4, Guild Wars 1, Noitu Love 2, Fable 1, Sanctum. The sims series

Nox I have no criticisms of, It's a diablo game I like more then diablo. (I'm working on a little youtube review thing of it!)
Simcity 4 is pretty much the perfect Building sim, The music is perfect
Guild Wars 1 has a special place in my heart, The world and how it's connected and all the little stories it tells and the challenge is something that guild wars 2 just completely fails to live up to with it's lackluster skill system and atrocious story, I mean Guild Wars 1 had some dodgy bits but jesus christ most of gw2 is just characters being stupid. Also i just find the way it presents things so much nicer.
Noitu Love 2 is flat out my favourite indie game, It's so fast paced and amazing to control.
Fable 1 is just a special game, It's so flawed yet there's so much love in it.
Sanctum is just a fantastic Tower defence game and all of it fits together so well from the music and the clean art style.
And The Sims franchise, I don't know, I just love it.

Special thoughts to Rift which as much as I adore I've not had as much time with as i want because of the monthly fee and how much I dislike paying monthly.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:04:09 PM by tails »

i have many, maaany many many, but an oldie i still like..