FEZ is coming to Steam, 1st of May.

Author Topic: FEZ is coming to Steam, 1st of May.  (Read 3913 times)

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/950149/fez_interview_polytrons_phil_fish.html
Quote from: maker of this bad game
Fez now seems, for the moment at least, safe. Officially signed with Microsoft for an exclusive XBLA release, eschewing the often more lucrative avenue of Steam on PC, Fish remains adamant about Polytron’s decision for the game’s fixed destination.

“Fez is a console game, not a PC game,” he states, emphatically. “It’s made to be played with a controller, on a couch, on a Saturday morning. To me, that matters; that’s part of the medium.” I get so many comments shouting at me that I’m an idiot for not making a PC version. ‘You’d make so much more money! Can’t you see? Meatboy sold more on Steam!’ Good for them. But this matters more to me than sales or revenue. It’s a console game on a console. End of story.”
lol

lol

the best gamers already have a reputation for being complete starfishs, i wouldn't take anything they say too seriously.

while this guy makes a few good points in the video, he also tends to say the same negative thing over and over again without actually going into detail about why he thinks of it that way. saying "it doesn't have any gameplay" several times in a row doesn't make it true. and realistically, it can't actually have absolutely zero gameplay, if you can play it and if it's a game (though this would heavily depend upon a person's definition of what makes up a game, sure).

i feel like the portion where he singles out certain quotes from phil to make him look bad was too biased. just because phil made a video game doesn't mean he has to act any more civilized than another person; he brags because he accomplished something, someone put him down for it so he retaliated; quite a few people naturally do that.

i don't doubt the authenticity of the negative points that were made in the video. i just feel like the guy who narrated it was picking the worst points about the game he could; just because it doesn't have enemies doesn't mean it doesn't have gameplay; it's actually called a puzzle(/platformer) game.

you know it's entirely satire right

(although a good lot of it is true...)

When I saw this thread I thought of Fantasy Earth Zero and got my hopes up

you know it's entirely satire right

(although a good lot of it is true...)

like when he reviwed terraria and gave it a 0/10

if you're saying that fez review was supposed to be a joke review, that's strange because it seems pretty accurate to me.

When I saw this thread I thought of Fantasy Earth Zero and got my hopes up
Er, But that game was pretty dreadful?

I don't see why everybody hates on fez/phil so much.

the best gamers already have a reputation for being complete starfishs, i wouldn't take anything they say too seriously.
Since you bothered to type that much text I assume you aren't trolling so I'll let you know the following:

The best gamers is a troll review thing. It's not supposed to be serious. It isn't trying to be serious. The reviews are written to have as much trolling and richardbaggery as possible.

i've seen the best gamers 1-2 years ago before, so yeah i realize what they're saying is most likely a joke.
i dunno, guess i was just making a real review of a fake review.