Author Topic: Generate a partlist for an unreasonably expensive computer build.  (Read 1556 times)

buy liquid cooling parts off of frozencpu.com

you could put waterblocks on the titans and have multiple cooling loops.
Seems like a really good idea because the 4 Titans are compacted together. (if I had the room space and money for the computer)

You're right, and the 80" has a horrible contrast ratio.

Better:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Lk5T

Hale's computer.
vengence? not dominator?

Here is a $112,721.17 Intel server for you. It's a comma delimited data file, you can just import it straight into your favorite spreadsheet program.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=227738.0;attach=199226

EDIT: I could have tacked another $100,000 on there using a HD 3D projector and retractable 200" projector screen for the display along with a gaming keyboard and 3d modelling ball mouse, but seriously, why bother with a 3D projector if you're just going to display a vmware control panel in glorious 800x600 resolution.

EDIT2: If you cheat and use USB devices, by daisy-chaining 8 port USB hubs and Agilent Technologies N5232A PNA-L Microwave Network brown townyzers you can add over $10 million to the cost of any computer in USB devices only. Also multi-monitor setups using a $40,000 video projector for each monitor works as well.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:48:55 PM by Wedge »

>2013
>not having double xeon processors on your super expensive computer builds

Some other ways to make your computer stupidly expensive:

That's also an E-ATX board, so you're going to either need to buy a huge full-height tower or a rackmount case.

vengence? not dominator?
2133MHz = Drugged MLG master race.

Some other ways to make your computer stupidly expensive:

That's also an E-ATX board, so you're going to either need to buy a huge full-height tower or a rackmount case.
I guess these are parts that all could be used for a high-speed archival server.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:34:53 PM by Axolotl2 »

Silverstone Temjin TJ11 case

Quad SLI GTX Titan

64 GB Corsair Dominator memory

Asus Rampage IV Extreme motherboard

Full liquid cooling

LGA 2011 Intel Core i7 Extreme 3960x

Plus various ludicrously expensive eSATA SSDs and DVD drives, I don't even want to do the addition to figure out how much that costs, especially when you start adding professional-grade 4k monitors and peripherals and everything.

Of course, this is just consumer stuff. It's too late for me to start thinking about servers.