This week is just the beginning of a civil rights movement for marriage equality

Author Topic: This week is just the beginning of a civil rights movement for marriage equality  (Read 6873 times)

Jesus isn't saying anything has changed. He cites something David did in the Old Testament.

Has anyone seen this one yet?

The does equal symbol? Yeah, what's it mean, in this context?

Here this changed

Quote from: Mark 7
14 Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15 Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” [16] [a]

17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

Quote from: Hebrews 7
18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Okay, thanks. But is it not possible that things have changed since Jesus and we just don't have a prophet to tell us?

EDIT: And what about the other rules that we no longer follow? They weren't said to have changed.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:37:06 PM by Wynd_Fox »

You mean this stuff that I suddenly seen on my facebook?

Yea, a few people have them as profile pics

Okay, thanks. But is it not possible that things have changed since Jesus and we just don't have a prophet to tell us?

EDIT: And what about the other rules that we no longer follow? They weren't said to have changed.

Which ones? I would need a list, and even then I may not have the answer. But I basically believe that above =p

Its confusing sometimes. It all comes down to what you believe. I do not believe in gay marriage, but I will not go kill, hate, or slander people because of it.

I'm not super familiar with all the Biblical rules, but here are some of which I know that we no longer follow: A woman must marry her rapist, you cannot wear a cloth of multiple materials, you have to grow a beard (if you're a man), avoid women on their period and anything on which they sat during that time, "Any person who curseth his father or mother must be killed," "If a man has love with a woman on her period, they are both to be cut off from their people," "People who have flat noses, or are blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God," "Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death," "Entrance into the assembly of the Lord was granted only to those with complete testicles," "False prophets are to be killed by their own parents."

I don't understand what you mean by "I do not believe in gay marriage." It obviously exists, lol.

Has anyone seen this one yet?

Lemme type one up for ya:

Which ones? I would need a list, and even then I may not have the answer. But I basically believe that above =p

Its confusing sometimes. It all comes down to what you believe. I do not believe in gay marriage, but I will not go kill, hate, or slander people because of it.
This.
I don't understand what you mean by "I do not believe in gay marriage." It obviously exists, lol.
He probably means he thinks it isn't considered marriage.

Oh. Well, also, I dunno why I didn't mention it before, but you believe what above, Captn? I don't want to think you're saying something you're not, so sorry for clarifying everything.

Fun fact: the only conservatives who are against gay marriage are religious nutjobs.

Good conservatives exist.  Hell, a lot of the ideals are fantastic, but the majority of what we have now, which is the republican party, is hellbent on ensuring their christian beliefs are upheld.

I'm not super familiar with all the Biblical rules, but here are some of which I know that we no longer follow: A woman must marry her rapist, you cannot wear a cloth of multiple materials, you have to grow a beard (if you're a man), avoid women on their period and anything on which they sat during that time, "Any person who curseth his father or mother must be killed," "If a man has love with a woman on her period, they are both to be cut off from their people," "People who have flat noses, or are blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God," "Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death," "Entrance into the assembly of the Lord was granted only to those with complete testicles," "False prophets are to be killed by their own parents."

Pretty much all old Testament laws were negated around the time of crucifixion, and they were only addressed to the Jews and not the Gentiles.

Okay, so what's the issue with homoloveuality?

Okay, so what's the issue with homoloveuality?

Paul (Author of most of the New Testament letters) mentions a few things about it concerning the Romans, but it's not mentioned that much explicitly. It's nothing a Christian should stress over. From what I surmise, it's not really a good thing to engage in homoloveual behaviors and be a Christian, but it's also not something which should be condemned (especially with retaliating violence, that pisses me off).

Okay, thanks for the information. I still don't get why anyone would be in opposition of marriage equality, but at least you told me other useful things.

Ugh,  I think that sounds really sarcastic. I'm being totally sincere.