Author Topic: GPU Brands [UPDATE]  (Read 1632 times)

NVIDIA and AMD are the chip set manufactures, they only make the chip sets, not the cards you buy online or in stores.

No you can buy GPU's manufactured by nvidia and AMD. I know someone who owns a 560 ti (I think that's what it is) and it's made entirely by nvidia.

I think Sapphire is the best brand if you're going for a low to medium-range card. They're cheaper than the others and are pretty reliable, I use a Radeon 6870 from Sapphire and it has run fine for the past year and a half.

NVIDIA and AMD are the chip set manufactures, they only make the chip sets, not the cards you buy online or in stores.
not true

they make a few cards actually

No you can buy GPU's manufactured by nvidia and AMD. I know someone who owns a 560 ti (I think that's what it is) and it's made entirely by nvidia.

Can you link me to it then?

He said "other than", not "better than". Try READING.
Is there any better brands of GPU's other than ASUS?

Sapphire

Bought 3 cards from them and they all overheated to the point where they quit working.

http://www.amazon.com/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B005O0G3FC/

Man Amazon has everything :O That's pretty cool. I understood that partners with AMD and NVIDIA got the reference models but I never knew they sold them like that xD Coodos.

Man Amazon has everything :O That's pretty cool. I understood that partners with AMD and NVIDIA got the reference models but I never knew they sold them like that xD Coodos.

I've found myself using Amazon more than Newegg for computer parts, they are usually a bit cheaper.

I think Sapphire is the best brand if you're going for a low to medium-range card. They're cheaper than the others and are pretty reliable, I use a Radeon 6870 from Sapphire and it has run fine for the past year and a half.

im going for a 660 TI

I use EVGA. Pretty awesome card manufacturer I have to say.

I was going to say get the MSI Cyclone II version, but apparently it was discontinued.  MSI builds some really nice cooling into their cards, I'm running a MSI 6950 and I don't think its ever gone above 60C.

EDIT: If you're getting a 660 ti get this.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:35:56 PM by NASAboy3000 »

Gigabyte is my personal favorite