Poll

Ligacy...

Warfare. (TDM)
10 (58.8%)
Stranded. (RPG)
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: LeetLegacy - Ligacy Warfare <Kit 3 is now $1000/s but can save bought weapons!>  (Read 12849 times)

people are voting no because you have got them hooked

once again you're falling on the old arguement of "shops work because every game does them" which may be true but it is not a reason to have one. More players may equal more fun but you should attract people with fun and not self admitted manipulation devices. I do truely believe that the shop system a lot of recent servers have included is really dumb and that the gameplay could be improved with the removal.

heres a thought; playtesting is a very important thing when making multiplayer games.
now you have fixed the spawns, which are an issue, you should now fix the other thing that is stopping the (slightly vocal) minority of players from having fun.
I am sure the gameplay would be 100% the loving same if the guns were free, only there would not be a clear distinction between players who join late game and players who join early game.

I mean, you don't hate minorities, do you?  :cookieMonster:

BY THE WAY TO ALL CS STYLE VOTERS- i thought i'd let you know the basis of Counter strike's money system works because there's only one life per each player until the round resets. In this minigame, you will die, because of how fast paced it is, and when you die, you will respawn without your hard earned gun.

To me, that doesn't sound like fun. It sounds fustrating.

(i hadn't voted until now. i was the 4th voter, lol.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:58:03 AM by Megaguy2 »

people are voting no because you have got them hooked

once again you're falling on the old arguement of "shops work because every game does them" which may be true but it is not a reason to have one. More players may equal more fun but you should attract people with fun and not self admitted manipulation devices. I do truely believe that the shop system a lot of recent servers have included is really dumb and that the gameplay could be improved with the removal.

heres a thought; playtesting is a very important thing when making multiplayer games.
now you have fixed the spawns, which are an issue, you should now fix the other thing that is stopping the (slightly vocal) minority of players from having fun.
I am sure the gameplay would be 100% the loving same if the guns were free, only there would not be a clear distinction between players who join late game and players who join early game.

I mean, you don't hate minorities, do you?  :cookieMonster:

At least there are no votes now, as I said I will implement it that way even if I don't like it so yeah, whatever.  :cookieMonster: Though I think Semi Regulation is a good idea because though there are the "OP" weapons that everyone will get if they will become free.

Well I guess that's your opinion. But as I said, some people like it here. But yeah it's really a matter of opinion.

Also, once more, it depends on the poll. Though the No did advance quite quickly indeed.

It's not that I don't want fun, funfactor in servers being of importance indeed. But seeing people did say it's fun, and that the shop system stay, it's just that some people give a different meaning of "fun".
In all it's theory, if you think about it, it's not that there are 4 No's and there are 5 Semi's. The other 3 votes are all shops. In basically it's 3+5+4 for shops vs 4 that voted no. 13 people liked the idea of having a shop, one way or another. Only 4 didn't want it at all. I am not going to do the "cumulative" type and gonna implement no if it's the biggest voted anyway, but yeah. See the thing now?
Regardless, I don't see what problem people would have with Semi-Regulation. Having everything free is nice, yeah, but you also need to count in the fact that there are the powerful weapons that are/should still be part of the gameplay as long as they exist. More or less the Dragon Fang (less), that thing IS OP.

(Reply to the edits:)

Well then I could easily implement a spawn-killing and 1-life :cookieMonster:
But yeah because you don't have a gui having to do those things from selecting a spawn it will be frustrating, at least in CS you only need 3 clicks to get what you need.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:59:30 AM by LeetZero »

...so wait, you have just said that some weapons just generally outclass others?

...and you claim that is balanced because...they cost a lot...and people want them, so the inflation goes up...

that is not game balance.. That is absolutely handicapped. If you make everything free, you have to pick a list of weapons that you consider balanced against eachother, or the entire point of making things free is gone because people won't pick what works for their playstyle, people will just pick the loving overpowered guns.

Why overpowered guns even exist on the basis of "b-b-but they cost alot!!" is absolutely beyond me.

...so wait, you have just said that some weapons just generally outclass others?

...and you claim that is balanced because...they cost a lot...and people want them, so the inflation goes up...

that is not game balance.. That is absolutely handicapped. If you make everything free, you have to pick a list of weapons that you consider balanced against eachother, or the entire point of making things free is gone because people won't pick what works for their playstyle, people will just pick the loving overpowered guns.

Why overpowered guns even exist on the basis of "b-b-but they cost alot!!" is absolutely beyond me.

If Semi-Regulation is implemented, not only that the OP guns cost, but they would take sereval kills to be used once or a few times because you would not have them saved. See the link? You get to use them for only one life at the expense of a nice amount of kills. Most of the times they won't even pay for themselves unless you know how to use them.

And yes they are unbalanced, at least some of them. I never said it's really that balanced on the heavy weapons. With or without everything free, I will still include the OP weapons but I will add a regulation switch to them, so I can disable or enable them at need/will, sometimes keeping them on or the otherwise. (However keeping them on would also make the kits disabled so people won't abuse that out). Does that sound ok?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:11:16 AM by LeetZero »

why are you being so sore about community voting

there are 3 votes for yes, 4 votes for no, 5 votes for semi-regulatory and 4 votes for CS-style

that means that there are 3 votes for yes, 4 votes for no, 5 votes for semi-regulatory and 4 votes for CS-style

i mean it's well within your right (but not necessarily within the bounds of proper design and critical etiquette) to just not do anything but why the forget are you going an extra 30 miles out of your way to fight people on their opinions

they're opinions

you forcing your opinion over theirs and having them change their opinion because of it isn't causing them to agree with you, it's causing you to agree with yourself through proxy

IE: procrastination

if you're not gonna forgetin do it don't forgetin do it

stop bein so loving condescending that's not something you're allowed to do in an argument

vulgarity is fine (cause in some cases that just expresses your sheer and utter passion toward the topic, and in other cases just means you like to curse) but demeaning the guy you're trying to convince doesn't help anyone. hell, it usually just hurts your cause- nobody wants to associate themselves with he-who-is-holier-then-thou

if you want my advice, here's what you should do; scrap the point-buy system. there's nothing good that comes out of it besides giving players who have gotten familiar with the maps and familiar with the playstyle of the server even more of an edge over newer players, causing an enormous power-gap and causing new players to have to addict themselves (which is super unhealthy) instead of allowing them to enjoy the server because it's a good server. seriously, i spent 30 minutes trying to work up the money for a KS-23whatever and recouped costs in 30 seconds worth of shootin dudes in their punk-faces afterward

alternately, give players a better opening set of weapons (like the stock pistol and the KS-23) and then let them choose the weapons they'd like afterward, allowing new players to still fight on an even level but older players to choose weapons they like and giving them incentive to continue playing. also, have superweapons (the CAWS, striker, etc) just spawn on the map occasionally, preferably in high-intensity zones, thus causing traffic and skirmishes where they would be interesting and allowing you to pinpoint where you want fights to be carried out

why are you being so sore about community voting

there are 3 votes for yes, 4 votes for no, 5 votes for semi-regulatory and 4 votes for CS-style

that means that there are 3 votes for yes, 4 votes for no, 5 votes for semi-regulatory and 4 votes for CS-style

i mean it's well within your right (but not necessarily within the bounds of proper design and critical etiquette) to just not do anything but why the forget are you going an extra 30 miles out of your way to fight people on their opinions

they're opinions

you forcing your opinion over theirs and having them change their opinion because of it isn't causing them to agree with you, it's causing you to agree with yourself through proxy

IE: procrastination

if you're not gonna forgetin do it don't forgetin do it

stop bein so loving condescending that's not something you're allowed to do in an argument

vulgarity is fine (cause in some cases that just expresses your sheer and utter passion toward the topic, and in other cases just means you like to curse) but demeaning the guy you're trying to convince doesn't help anyone. hell, it usually just hurts your cause- nobody wants to associate themselves with he-who-is-holier-then-thou

if you want my advice, here's what you should do; scrap the point-buy system. there's nothing good that comes out of it besides giving players who have gotten familiar with the maps and familiar with the playstyle of the server even more of an edge over newer players, causing an enormous power-gap and causing new players to have to addict themselves (which is super unhealthy) instead of allowing them to enjoy the server because it's a good server. seriously, i spent 30 minutes trying to work up the money for a KS-23whatever and recouped costs in 30 seconds worth of shootin dudes in their punk-faces afterward

alternately, give players a better opening set of weapons (like the stock pistol and the KS-23) and then let them choose the weapons they'd like afterward, allowing new players to still fight on an even level but older players to choose weapons they like and giving them incentive to continue playing. also, have superweapons (the CAWS, striker, etc) just spawn on the map occasionally, preferably in high-intensity zones, thus causing traffic and skirmishes where they would be interesting and allowing you to pinpoint where you want fights to be carried out

Infact, where the capture points currently are, I wanted to go with the superweapon thing previously, but then decided to implement the weapons into a shop, then decided to make them into capture points.

Regardless, thanks for your feedback.

There's another problem now, the people who currently stacked up everything they wanted and worked around for everything they have (i.e. people who bought all the weapons they wanted by playing a lot on the server) will now be demoralized. Everyone will have stuff for free and all their work is put to dust.
Not to mention my eventwork but sigh, noone really cares about that anyway, it's perhaps too complicated...
That's one of the serious problems. As much as nice it is, people who did previously play, and a lot, will have all their work put to dust, you guys have any idea of how could THAT be fixed up?

Additionally, I am confused with the moral of your first 8 lines.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:21:09 AM by LeetZero »

have them deal with it

don't gotta give them a whole song and dance. they'd probably appreciate new game elements then they would being able to insta-kill everyone on the server just for kicks anyway

... and if they don't, do you really want them on your server?

Additionally, I am confused with the moral of your first 8 lines.

you are being super forgetin defensive about people wanting to change the server

like events or not if people want you to change it, either change it or don't. you don't haveta defend yourself or tell them why you don't want them to do X unless you're being really cheeky about it (which it doesn't seem like you're trying to do, which rules that out). just take their advice, or don't

and especially don't ask for their advice and then not do anything with it. that's just yanking their chain.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:23:25 AM by Bushido »

have them deal with it

don't gotta give them a whole song and dance. they'd probably appreciate new game elements then they would being able to insta-kill everyone on the server just for kicks anyway

... and if they don't, do you really want them on your server?

I guess you have a point.
Hmm, I am thinking of something. How would you guys like to still have a shop system (punch me in the face) that's completely biased about accessories? Like, character customization for some reason, it would not affect gameplay in any way, but put use to the points in the case "No" wins.

Where did I ask for advice and didn't do anything about it? If anything I might've not liked the advice itself.

Also I am replying and defending the point so that people don't think that I really don't care. If I wouldn't take the advice and ignore everything, I would seem (even more) like a stubborn dictator over the server. What I am trying to do is at least give reason.

sell hats

you're like having this entire conflict with megaguy

it's gone past 'reasoning' and has begun to look more like 'defending yourself'

also stubborn dictatorship is totally cool on servers. tis Machiavellian and all that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:28:02 AM by Bushido »

sell hats

And then I will make 100 hats.
And then I will make a hat trading system

And then I will make event hats.
And then I will make hats cost real money.

And then I will make people buy hats with real money.
And then I will become a millionare.

And then I will buy Blockland.
And then I will make Blockland free and make people buy hats.

And then I ill become a hat.
AND THEN I WILL
what.

Yes. Basically hats, body accessories, colors etc.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:31:09 AM by LeetZero »

Sorry about the being condecending. It's sort of in my nature (SEE AVATAR :cookieMonster: ) To be a bit of a richard towards people, especially during arguements. If you look past me being a giantic knobend there are some good points buried in there though.

Also hats are a better use of points because they let players identify threats at a single glance and that is really important.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:59:10 AM by Megaguy2 »

Sorry about the being condecending. It's sort of in my nature (SEE AVATAR) To be a bit of a richard towards people, especially during arguements. If you look past me being a giantic knobend there are some good points buried in there though.

Also hats are a better use of points because they let players identify threats at a single glance and that is really important.

Not really sure how would that help identify threats. But sure. :v

how about this
before you go and scrap the shop system
you nerf the stuff out of the caws

Not really sure how would that help identify threats. But sure. :v
Because shillohetes? the first thing you see when you spot a player is his teamcolor and what he's wearing. If players have hats that require tons of points to buy then we know they're powerful and if you're no good at the game you should stay away.

Because silhouettes***? the first thing you see when you spot a player is his teamcolor and what he's wearing. If players have hats that require tons of points to buy then we know they're powerful and if you're no good at the game you should stay away.
basically me wearing a snake hat
 :cookieMonster: