2013/05/14 - Blockland r1864

Author Topic: 2013/05/14 - Blockland r1864  (Read 48772 times)

You mean Blockland v0002 in general. Even with more of the game code accessible, mod makers couldn't change much of the code to combat lag caused by an abundance of bricks, since they are all just dynamic objects like the player. As for the grid, it simplifies calculations because the game can assume various things which with dynamic objects it would have to constantly track and calculate. Most significantly, brick positions can be assumed and simply adjusted by whatever specifications a brick has. Rendering them is easier because of this assumption of location. In most cases collision follows the rendering boundaries of a brick, and otherwise can be taken over by an invisible shape. It works much better than having tons of dynamic objects, with the tradeoff that, unlike in real life, we can't toss bricks at each other normally.
Yes this is what I meant

The only complaint I have about the grid is not being able to place bricks at a 45o angle, but even this complaint isn't a huge deal.

I do miss movers though, those were sweet.

Yes this is what I meant

The only complaint I have about the grid is not being able to place bricks at a 45o angle, but even this complaint isn't a huge deal.

I do miss movers though, those were sweet.
Having RTB Movers back would be a game changer.

Or any type of moving bricks.

I wish we had a motor brick like the one Roblox has that would make bricks rotate as soon as a brick where placed on top of the motor brick.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:58:48 PM by Freek »

I have encountered a glitch. Someone had invited me to their game via RTB, I clicked on the link but it couldn't connect so I closed out of the "sending punch packet" window and this happened.
[img ]http://puu.sh/35sH9.jpg[/img]
click the image for a video

It's not Badspot's problem though since RTB is a mod

I love Blockland even more with new constant updates popping up.

It's not Badspot's problem though since RTB is a mod
Good point.
I'll relocate the post.

For next revision can we do something about clearing large amounts of terrain bricks?

Seems to freeze up and crash all the clients on the server.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:16:50 AM by Tezuni 2.0 »

Could you possibly fix the oct tree and lighting glitches with terrain bricks too?

cue kompresser watering oct tree

i wonder what the next major update will be

like how shaders were big

I hope they focus on making shadows look like they were in the screenshots

Suddenly my Intel Integrated GPU can run shaders on minimum and when they're off, all bricks look black.
What the hell happened?

I can't click links in chat when the netgraph is up

I can't click links in chat when the netgraph is up
Oh gosh, that has been bugging me for a long time.

I'll bet Badspot is making a campaign mode for the next update