Poll

Will you make a team?

yes
24 (47.1%)
no (i, the voter, accept that i am lame)
27 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: LTX Dodgeball Tournament[HOSTING UNDER LaTeX]  (Read 12312 times)

Lets see if Bushido wants to do it, he was pretty good.
I highly doubt that Bushido would ever step foot in that server again until major changes were made to improve the gameplay drastically.

May I also recommend getting the voice mod where only certain IDs can have voices.
That will prevent major chat spam. I did that at my tourney.

I highly doubt that Bushido would ever step foot in that server again until major changes were made to improve the gameplay drastically.
What makes you say that? He helped out a lot in defusing the whole situation, and helped me reach a conclusion that was fair to everyone.

Anyway, I just want to apologize to everybody about that. I originally wanted to make this more 'realistic' to actual dodgeball, but I realize now that that approach isn't the best one.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:08:28 PM by Evar678 »

What makes you say that? He helped out a lot in defusing the whole situation, and helped me reach a conclusion that was fair to everyone.
All you did was argue with him and didn't take any action towards fixing the flawed server (i.e. getting rid of jets, making arena bigger or teams smaller, enforcing the center-line rule, etc)

We wanted a rematch and didn't get one because of this. Nobot quit our team, and no resolution was met so we left.

Put force-gates (use zones) in the center, don't make players rush through a small gate at the start, don't have the balls spawn ten seconds after the match has "started", and for the love of christ get rid of the jets. That's not realistic what-so-ever. Realistic would be teams rushing to the center to get dodgeballs then backing up to aim. You can't aim at someone travelling that fast, every one of those kills was luck.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:31:55 PM by Racerboy »

All you did was argue with him and didn't take any action towards fixing the flawed server (i.e. getting rid of jets, making arena bigger or teams smaller, enforcing the center-line rule, etc)
There are no 'jets', does nobody not know what the sport playertype is?
I can't just make the arena bigger at whim, sorry. Team size is just fine.

We wanted a rematch and didn't get one because of this. Nobot quit our team, and no resolution was met so we left.
What? You did get a rematch. Nobot said he quit because of the fact that I gave the other team a rematch. I wouldn't call that arguing at all. He was stating facts and I was listening to them.

The 'rushing' part of the gate is a force gate, and there is now a wall in the center. And, again, there is no 'jets', theres just the sport playertype. But since people are apparently complaining about it, I'l remove it. And, just because you can't aim at people traveling that fast, don't assume others can't. I watched nobot play yesterday before the tournament, and he actually has very good aim even when the enemy is sprinting. I actually find it relatively easy to hit someone after they sprint jump or something away; Aim where they will be, not where they are.

Even if it was luck, the fact is a ball still hit you guys, and you guys were still out.

wow ths iz so much fun thx for the gr8 administration and organization.

wow ths iz so much fun thx for the gr8 administration and organization.
Actually, this all started going downhill after pass left, considering he was really the only admin prepared to help. I'll have more help tomorrow.
But hey, did anybody really expect a large event such as this to run smoothly the first time around? Especially since this is the clan's first project. People learn from their mistakes, and we intend to.

Actually, this all started going downhill after pass left, considering he was really the only admin prepared to help. I'll have more help tomorrow.
But hey, did anybody really expect a large event such as this to run smoothly the first time around? Especially since this is the clan's first project. People learn from their mistakes, and we intend to.
I'm pretty sure Ravens basketball tourny went very well, correct me if I'm wrong.

If I don't post here by 5:55 EST I don't think I'll make it guys, get a sub.

I'm pretty sure Ravens basketball tourny went very well, correct me if I'm wrong.

If I don't post here by 5:55 EST I don't think I'll make it guys, get a sub.
I'm out.

I want to join the cosby crew

when is this going to start....?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:25:39 PM by st8terblock »

Oh stuff didn't realize the time.
Opening server now.

Sorry :s

I quit get rid of the derps
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:01:31 PM by st8terblock »

Sharp Shooters beat The Carbellions three games in a row in a best of 5 match.

I'm also opening up registrations for teams again until this thursday.

The next match will be next saturday, same time. It will start off with the Sharp Shooters vs LaTeX.