Author Topic: How do I draw pixelart on Paint.NET?  (Read 12193 times)

I use Paint.NET as my drawing thing. I know there's this option called Pixelate but I don't think that's the way it would work. I think Menen uses Paint.NET and pixelates stuff nicely.

How do good clean pixel drawings on Paint.NET?

i would prefer menen to answer this but anyone is fine

Use very small image sizes like 200 and use the pencil tool.

I have a 75x grid if you want to use that.

It always helps to start at a minimalistic pace. Draw on a 16x16 / 32x32 bit canvas, make the likeness of objects you are familiar with and study the art style of other people's pixel art.

Use very small image sizes like 200 and use the pencil tool.
pixels are too small
I have a 75x grid if you want to use that.
give
now
It always helps to start at a minimalistic pace. Draw on a 16x16 / 32x32 bit canvas, make the likeness of objects you are familiar with and study the art style of other people's pixel art.
i just

what

i would prefer menen to answer this but anyone is fine

camera, makanix and powerdag are three people that popped up in my head immedeately when i thought "better pixel artists than menen"

anyways, is there even a real trick to it? i started doing pixel art one day and now i can do it better than before.

a good way to learn how to do pixel art properly/get better at it, is to look at other people's pixel art.
try to redraw other people's stuff a bit in your own way to get the hang of certain stuff you're having a hard time with.

Zoom way in, turn on the grid, use the pencil tool.

anyways, is there even a real trick to it? i started doing pixel art one day and now i can do it better than before.

a good way to learn how to do pixel art properly/get better at it, is to look at other people's pixel art.
try to redraw other people's stuff a bit in your own way to get the hang of certain stuff you're having a hard time with.
That's pretty much how you learn any art form.

Zoom way in, turn on the grid, use the pencil tool.

advice gaven by you
picture made by me

advice gaven by you
picture made by me
hi Mrs. Paint! (My nickname for MS paint.)

hi Mrs. Paint! (My nickname for MS paint.)
Should be Ms. Paint