Author Topic: Action Melee [Updated 8/10/13]  (Read 22388 times)

Action Melee brings a much more visceral hand-to-hand combat experience to Blockland. It features four moves:

Punching (Click with the weapon equiped): It's a simple semi-alternating punch mechanic, but it does damage. Each swing aims for the torso area.

Air Tackling (punch at someone below you from a certain range): If you happen to be above your target, just look at them to highlight them in a pink square. Then just punch to dive down and kick them in the head! This attack does 100 Damage, so it won't kill heavy enemies in one go.

Neck Breaking (punch someone in the back): Sneak up on your enemy and kill them with a fancy neck snap. Similar to the Air Tackle, this neck snap can only be done on enemies who have 100hp or less.

Misc. Feature List
- Punches do 30 damage, same as the default gun.
- When hit, players flinch.
- You tilt with the arm you punch with.
- You bend forward when you punch.
- Your melee cannot be dropped.
- Custom punch sounds.
- Uses default animations, so no model issues.
- Uses both hands.
- Bots are excellent at killing you with this mod.

Update List
- Fixed being able to snap necks and such outside of minigame.
- Added Air Tackle Indicator when looking at an enemy and in range.
- Removed Weapon Stealing (probably temporarily).
- Made the script more efficient.
- Added special Fx when you deal the final blow to an enemy.
- Action Melee cannot be mounted while in a vehicle (to prevent animation glitches).
- Air Tackle is more efficient/easier to aim now.
- Punching now alternates hands semi-randomly (e.g. left, left, right, left, right, left, right, right, right).

Download
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:59:11 PM by tommybricksetti »

I don't get it

what is this?

better version of fists i guess lol

This is one of the most visually coolest things I've seen on this game, well done.

would also be cool if when you don't have anything in your inventory you automatically obtain the fist item

would also be cool if when you don't have anything in your inventory you automatically obtain the fist item
Already have that as an integration into another mod with this. I'll release that one at some point later.

This add-on took months for you to make.
Nice to hear that you fixed it and got it finished.

Wow you finished it. Gj hata. So glad you published this.

This is a great addon. The one thing I would suggest is adding RTB prefs to enable/disable certain moves.