Author Topic: OnMusicEnd event.  (Read 962 times)

An event where when a song ends, another takes its place.

Eh I would make it if I could,but I can't

I don't think this is possible. Music isn't handled by the server, the clients determine when to play the music once they are in-range of the music brick. For example: One client can play the music at a different time than another client. You would have to re-work the music system to make this work.

I don't think this is possible. Music isn't handled by the server, the clients determine when to play the music once they are in-range of the music brick. For example: One client can play the music at a different time than another client. You would have to re-work the music system to make this work.
we can guess
%duration = alxGetWaveLen(%file);

we can guess
%duration = alxGetWaveLen(%file);
You would have to make sure that all the clients start hearing the music at the same time though. And even then, they can't always be in-sync.

Are there any client commands that tells where the client is at in the song? If those commands exist, then someone could create a server-sided add-on that talks to a client-sided add-on so it makes sure everyone is in-sync with each other, or something similar to that. Or someone could create a manual tick system that starts when the music starts playing. The real problem is, are there any commands to jump to any position of the song?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:48:18 PM by WALDO »

You could make the music whole client sided, and change when the client's song ends.
That is if it's possible.

Are there any client commands that tells where the client is at in the song?
are there any commands to jump to any position of the song?
No

Onplayertouch>(Namebrickhere)>Setmusic>NONE
Onplayertouch>seteventenabled>(Whatever event number>disable
Onplayertouch>(Namebrickhere)>Setmusic>(Whatever song you want goes here)

That solves it?

Onplayertouch>(Namebrickhere)>Setmusic>NONE
Onplayertouch>seteventenabled>(Whatever event number>disable
Onplayertouch>(Namebrickhere)>Setmusic>(Whatever song you want goes here)

That solves it?

You didn't understand the situation.

This is not possible because, as the above said, the whole deal is client-side.
You can use a really big delay for songs based on the song lenght then switch to the next but it's implied that absolutely everyone plays them at the same time.
Delay over 30s can be done with VCE events and relay, though it would be a forget to manage.

I have figured everything out. But I have this one issue:

alxGetWaveLen: invalid buffer

I have been checking on the file and having announces on that files length, all it keeps saying is 0.

Am I doing anything wrong?