Author Topic: YOU CRINGE YOU LOSE  (Read 2541143 times)

sorry lol i guess its not ok to have different opinions than others in this here great country

land of the free right? feels great

I respectfully disagree with your opinion and it doesn't bother me that you like him.  I don't look down upon you for it.  I realize your preferences are different than mine and I have no expectation that I would ever be able to change your opinion

I think you're missing a big chunk of why he's famous
if you want to fill me in on it then go ahead but it isn't going to change my opinion of him.  I'm just not a fan.  Is that a crime?

No, I'm seriously being serious right now.  He isn't that great.  People just worship him because he taught himself to play guitar with his non dominant hand.  I mean yes that's a feat but at the same time a self taught painter who makes average  quality paintings shouldn't get more attention than the guy who has studied painting all his life and actually makes good stuff.  To me he's just another musician.
Like saying every movie should be gloried by everyone, just because the director went to film school. Or how about every single loving doctor should be famous for going to school to get degrees.

Like saying every movie should be gloried by everyone, just because the director went to film school. Or how about every single loving doctor should be famous for going to school to get degrees.
thats isnt at all what I am saying lol.  Im saying people should be rewarded based on merit, and I don't think the quality of his music is great enough to deserve its legendary status.

sorry lol i guess its not ok to have different opinions than others in this here great country

land of the free right? feels great

I respectfully disagree with your opinion and it doesn't bother me that you like him.  I don't look down upon you for it.  I realize your preferences are different than mine and I have no expectation that I would ever be able to change your opinion

ok?

you seemed like you were calling me out on my post.
no i just think you have no idea what you're talking about
you dont have enough education on the person to form an opinion about him

no i just think you have no idea what you're talking about
you dont have enough education on the person to form an opinion about him
well i don't really prefer his music and i never really cared that much to do any research on him so that is to be expected.

I don't think he is stuff or anything, im just uninterested in him.

well i don't really prefer his music and i never really cared that much to do any research on him so that is to be expected.

I don't think he is stuff or anything, im just uninterested in him.
what the forget then why are you trying to form an opinion on him when you don't care and didn't do any research

I don't think he is stuff or anything
He isn't that great.
I mean yes that's a feat but at the same time a self taught painter who makes average  quality paintings shouldn't get more attention than the guy who has studied painting all his life and actually makes good stuff.
twice in your paragraph you said he wasn't good

what the forget then why are you trying to form an opinion on him when you don't care and didn't do any research
I was simply basing my opinion off of his music I had heard and what I knew about him.  Is it always necessary to do research on a subject before I form an opinion on it?  Do I need to research Riddler to find out that he was a terrible person?  No, I think simply hearing about how he killed 11 million people for no legitimate reason is reason enough to not like him.  There are people who don't study him but they don't like him anyway.

twice in your paragraph you said he wasn't good
when I said I don't think he is stuff I meant it like I don't hate him.  I just don't prefer his music.

No, I'm seriously being serious right now.  He isn't that great.  People just worship him because he taught himself to play guitar with his non dominant hand.  I mean yes that's a feat but at the same time a self taught painter who makes average  quality paintings shouldn't get more attention than the guy who has studied painting all his life and actually makes good stuff.  To me he's just another musician.

He wasn't technically proficient, but he had a style and a soul in his music. I don't even listen to him and I recognize his influence and talent. In an area that is incredibly subjective, you have to learn to respect artists that got somewhere based on talent and effort. In his time period, you don't get to where you are by being mediocre. Nowadays, with digital editing and such, it's a different story. The fact you are being willfully ignorant on the subject and bashing him shows your opinion holds zero weight.

[img]http://2static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Skyrim+subscribe+for+more+cool+stuff_81cf4e_5668046.jpg
unlike