Terrain to Bricks?

Author Topic: Terrain to Bricks?  (Read 783 times)

Does anyone have some sort of script for this? I could run v19 to use the script. I need to use a terrain map as a blueprint so I can work on something.

Does anyone have some sort of script for this? I could run v19 to use the script. I need to use a terrain map as a blueprint so I can work on something.
I've been looking for one of these as well, and I got nothin.

There was a way to save terrains to a png heightmap in torque I thought. But I can't seem to find the documentation on it.

There was a way to save terrains to a png heightmap in torque I thought. But I can't seem to find the documentation on it.
I think it's the other way around.

Someone released a script like this (i think it was treynolds?) around the release of v21 (before or after, i don't know).

I remade the script for it to generate the terrain in a circle and fancy stuff like that. I entertained similar notions of making an archive of all the maps from v19, but I never did it due to laziness. Fun fact: I completed the script the day before v21 released. Anyways, I'll pm you the script if you'd like it heed, I'm not going to release it publicly because it's very abusable and well, general laziness

I think it's the other way around.

Someone released a script like this (i think it was treynolds?) around the release of v21 (before or after, i don't know).
I didn't see this post but yea, there was another script floating around that did something similar. Truce or someone had made a png heightmap thingy like ladios said, and it also generated a brickfile heightmap like mine did. However, it was in a minecraft style (bricks can only exist in a large cube grid), and all of the volume was filled in, if I remember correctly. Mine is in the floating zone style (bricks have to stay in an x-y large cube grid but the z dimension is ruled by standard plate-height) and the volume was not filled in, meaning that mine could cover larger areas with fewer bricks.

Truce's version came about first, but I didn't know about it when I made mine.

Does it only work for basic terrain, or can it be used for structures as well?
I wanted to use a script of tons of 1x1f plates to map the brick grids of the Bedroom and the Kitchen for save compatibility.

Does it only work for basic terrain, or can it be used for structures as well?
I wanted to use a script of tons of 1x1f plates to map the brick grids of the Bedroom and the Kitchen for save compatibility.
No. I would have to use an entirely different method of figuring out heights