Author Topic: Ungrateful Much...  (Read 2128 times)

So, just today, I got a message on the RTB IRC from some dude named Ender.  He said he needed some help building and eventing a City RP.  It was kind of random, because he actually didn't know who I was until just today.  But, I decided to help him out.
     When I tried to join his server, I found out that his ping was ---.  He told me that his granddad wouldn't let him forward his ports, so I told him there was no way he would be able to host a server on his desktop.  I recommended that he use a hosting service, but he said that he doesn't like to spend money just so he can host a server.  But, it was his only option, so he decided to use one anyway (his granddad won't let him touch the router).
     I recommended that he use Kaphost or RTB, since those are the two most well-known hosting services out there.  I told him that, in my opinion, RTB is more reliable but Kaphost is slightly cheaper.  He decided to go with RTB.  However, he couldn't register because he forgot his RTB password.  I told him to go to the RTB forums, head to the login and tell them that he forgot his password.  I then told him to type in his email and username and have them send the confirmation email.  However, it turns out he forgot is username and email as well, and the email was one of his friends' emails (he claims that every time he registers on a website, the activation email is never received).  So, obviously, he's screwed with RTB.
     So, he then decided to go with Kaphost, but according to him, Kaphost uses only an FTP client for add-on uploading (I use RTB, so I can't confirm this).  He said that he has no experience with FTP clients, so he's screwed with that too.
      He decided to just give up, he unfriended me on the IRC (like I care) and he logged out.

IRC chat right as he logged out:
Quote from: RTB IRC
[Ender]:  I have no experience with FTP clients, so I'm screwed with Kaphost too.
[Clone2]:  Well, I can't help you then.
[Ender]:  I'm obviously better off with a desktop server.
[Ender]:  Thanks for the help.
[Ender]:  Oh wait, NOT!
*Ender logged out.
*You and Ender are no longer friends.

Obviously, this guy, whoever he is, doesn't realize that I tried my best.  It's not my fault he always uses his friend's email for registering on websites, it's not my fault he forgot his username and password for RTB, it's not my fault his granddad won't let him touch the router and it's not my fault that he has no FTP experience.

DISCUSS

GAHAHAHAHA
Wow he must make a wicked pot of decaf

So is he like
handicapped or something

OT: Why would he use someone else's Email for activation codes?

So is he like
handicapped or something

OT: Why would he use someone else's Email for activation codes?
He claims that his email never actually receives the email containing the activation code.

I have a strange feeling that he was trying to trick me into being a nice guy and let him use one of my accounts.
Of course, I never just give out my information unless it's someone I know I can trust.

He claims that his email never actually receives the email containing the activation code.

I have a strange feeling that he was trying to trick me into being a nice guy and let him use one of my accounts.
Of course, I never just give out my information unless it's someone I know I can trust.
Good call.

WOW WHAT A JERK!
are you loving kidding me
now this is getting old

Guys every time i come tio this tsubm formum

Caps Lock: Another troll alt. I wonder if Badspot can ban him for spamming caps everywhere?
Literally. Every single thing he's posted has had caps lock on.

Caps Lock: Another troll alt. I wonder if Badspot can ban him for spamming caps everywhere?
Literally. Every single thing he's posted has had caps lock on.
He want's to live up to his name.
OT: I seen this guy a couple of times before, this makes since for his usual behavior.

Was this really necessary for a drama?

What did he do to you? You tried helping him and he couldn't do anything in the end so he gave up.

Did he call you an starfish? Did he call you a jerk for being unable to help him? Stupid? Anything?

No?

What exactly did he do to you?

All I see is a drama topic lacking image support with a "chat log" from RTB chat. Even if it's accurate, I see no wrongdoing here.

"Oh stuff, I tried to help this kid and he de-friended me because he had no idea what to do -- better drama him!"