Author Topic: TITANIC (Latest update pg. 38. Current as of 13 Mar 15)  (Read 80269 times)

They restarted the build.
it's like the chaos emeralds

they always gather all of them and throw them away to find them again

They arent restarting the whole thing.

They are simply doing some fine tuning.

They arent restarting the whole thing.

They are simply doing some fine tuning.
was
was that a pun?

To  be clear that restarting thing hugums did was a joke.  We did not restart.

Oh my God! are all builds this good?

Why hasn't the server been up? Or have I been missing it?

Between gym, calculus, and a heavy load at work, I'm busy.

it might just be my eyes playing tricks on me but that looks a little smaller than the actual Titanic

It's all in perception. I promise that if you're in-game standing on the ground looking at it, it looks massive. It's scaled. Also, if your perception of the ship was influenced by the 1997 movie, the ship in that movie was made to look larger in almost every way. It was not accurate at all. For example, the dock scene where Jack is playing poker...

...shows the ship around 30 feet too high. At this height, the ship would have literally been floating on TOP of the water. Look at this actual photo to see how exaggerated the movie was:

Notice that the line where the black hull meets the white superstructure is below the height of the buildings (passenger sheds). Now, look at the movie still. Yeah, they exaggerated THAT much.

We also get many comments about how small the cabins are. Again, people's perception of the ship and how it should look come from the movie. In reality, the ship and it's rooms were actually rather small. Don't get me wrong. It is "Titanic", but while some people today still believe to to be the "largest ship ever", look at this:

So there. Refresh your perspective and recognize how things really are. She was big for the time, but people today see things differently. Especially when movies skew and stretch the truth.

Edit: Here's a treat and something to strengthen my scale.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:22:38 PM by Bones4 »