Author Topic: United States Postal Service: Crappy?  (Read 977 times)

My story:
Okay so I've dealt with them a bunch of times in the past, shipping things out and purchasing things. I've recently started ordering things online and noticed USPS has been really lazy lately. I had this package I ordered a week ago and it had finally said to be out for delivery. However, the package never came and sooner or later it said 'Delivery Status Not Updated'. This was really odd considering I've never had an issue like this before. I searched up this status and it came up with a whole bunch of stories and articles about how if the package (Priority Mail) is lost, there's nothing you could do about it. (It wasn't a big package but none-the-less I still paid for it.) So I just waited it out a day or two before calling my local P.O.

Turns out, the package was mis-routed...
Still had me dead nervous though.

personal note:
I've read that over 2k+ members of the usps had retired on 1/31 and that may be the case of them being lax. I'm now trying my best to stay away from USPS and use UPS or FedEx.

/discuss
Has anyone had bad experiences?

I ordered a game from the internet and USPS managed to forget up the delivery by letting it stay in the postal office because they thought that no one lived in the house we lived in...
Had to go down there and pick it up ourself.

my friend sent me a letter over a month ago and it never came

I would be pretty disturbed if a letter came.

Oh, that reminds me.
My friend sent me $20 via mail for my birthday but it never arrived.

Never really had a problem. I sent little pin buttons across the US and they all got to their respective recipients.

eh i like it
OH stuff I WAS THE 644444'TH POST

I can't say I've ever used USPS
Every time something ships to me, it's through UPS

Oh, that reminds me.
My friend sent me $20 via mail for my birthday but it never arrived.
I wonder why...

Anyway, on topic, USPS seems to be bad, and its not getting any better really.

They don't work very hard.

U People Suck, more like.

Haven't had a problem with them.

I ordered a computer once.
They left it on my front porch without ever even ringing the doorbell for anyone to see or come steal.
The box also said "HERES A MILLION DOLLAR COMPUTER COME STEAL ME PLEASE" on the side facing the street.

When I finally went outside and got it, the box was so torn up, it looked liked they had attacked it with a crowbar or something, then dragged it via rope by the back of their truck, then thrown it off a cliff, then carried to my door.

I was relieved because the computer worked fine.