Is Blockland dying?

Author Topic: Is Blockland dying?  (Read 16717 times)

The only thing I don't get is why OP was banned.....

alternatively it is because you are uncreative and incapable of making something you enjoy
it's probably that
You do know that shoving a thorny redwood up your star fish every time you log on the internet isn't mandatory, right?

Is everyone just ignoring the fact that magnusbon just got double-banned? lol.
(Not saying I care for him, just laughing at the fact that he got banned twice)

Badspot

• Administrator
The only thing I don't get is why OP was banned.....

Rule #5, example 2.  Note that I wrote that rule almost 8 years ago and it was a tired cliche even then.

You do know that shoving a thorny redwood up your star fish every time you log on the internet isn't mandatory, right?

Being rude or not, he's right. If you don't find a game fun, it's not the game's fault.

Blockland, being a sandbox game, always has potential to have something different than what you've already played and seen. As a building game, you're given tools to build something you can enjoy and have fun with. You, and everyone else saying blockland isn't fun, are in complete control to make something different. You have all the tools and guides to help you do so. The question isn't why the game isn't fun, it's why haven't you tried to have fun.

And if you don't want to make a server, there's still plenty of servers to play on, you just can't judge a book by it's cover, and you have to jump in feet first. That's how most sandbox games and or online building games work.

Being rude or not, he's right. If you don't find a game fun, it's not the game's fault.

Blockland, being a sandbox game, always has potential to have something different than what you've already played and seen. As a building game, you're given tools to build something you can enjoy and have fun with. You, and everyone else saying blockland isn't fun, are in complete control to make something different. You have all the tools and guides to help you do so. The question isn't why the game isn't fun, it's why haven't you tried to have fun.

And if you don't want to make a server, there's still plenty of servers to play on, you just can't judge a book by it's cover, and you have to jump in feet first. That's how most sandbox games and or online building games work.
I've played this game for 5 or so years. Its kind of hard to find or do anything original.

I've played this game for 5 or so years. Its kind of hard to find or do anything original.

Doesn't necessarily have to be original to be fun :n

Doesn't necessarily have to be original to be fun :n
So you'd keep playing "Knife grapple brown town thrusting TDM" for 5 years?

I've been playing since I believe July of 07 (month idk year I am right) and I can still find stuff to do.
So yea, almost 7 years into the game and I'm still finding some fun every now and then.

Best thing to do is play around with stuff and experiment. Or maybe try to bring some old mods back for new use.

Lol'd at grass.

That's not exactly what I said, now is it?

who cares what exists now
you basically confirmed my post
you are too uncreative and/or lazy to make something you enjoy, so instead you just sit around and cry that nobody's making anything to entertain you like a selfish punk

Who cares about other people? I don't play that much anymore, but I have times where I log on and build. I play for me. I honestly don't really care about other people. It's nice to have people stop by my server, but I'll still work on my stuff the same amount regardless.  I don't see how "not selling enough" or "not having enough new features" could effect how much fun I have. Maybe it's because more people like to roleplay now, but I always played to build. As long as the game is installed on my computer, I can build.

"blockland: that game were you cry about what other people don't do for you"

"blockland: that game were you cry about what other people don't do for you"
no.