Author Topic: Is Blockland dying?  (Read 16828 times)

What are you guys talking about? He didn't break any rules. The rule clearly states:

"Do not make posts about how the game isn't fun for you anymore. Just stop playing."

Nowhere in his post does he say that Blockland isn't fun anymore. Just because he thinks Blockland isn't as fun as before does not mean that it isn't still fun for him. Even I think that Blockland has seen better days, but I still love the game and think it's very fun.

How am I the only one who is seeing this?

i just like how jazz made his avatar 'mazel tov' after he was banned

i mean its something jazz would do

What are you guys talking about? He didn't break any rules. The rule clearly states:

"Do not make posts about how the game isn't fun for you anymore. Just stop playing."

Nowhere in his post does he say that Blockland isn't fun anymore. Just because he thinks Blockland isn't as fun as before does not mean that it isn't still fun for him. Even I think that Blockland has seen better days, but I still love the game and think it's very fun.

How am I the only one who is seeing this?

You're acting like it's a single strict rule that only applies to one circumstance. "The game isn't fun for me anymore" is just one example to clarify the rule. Let me narrow it down for you:

"oh boo boo hoo boo the replay value just isn't ~*~there~*~ for me anymore, the game isn't fun so people are leaaaaving, waaaa"

You're acting like it's a single strict rule that only applies to one circumstance. "The game isn't fun for me anymore" is just one example to clarify the rule. Let me narrow it down for you:

-snip-

"oh boo boo hoo boo the replay value just isn't ~*~there~*~ for me anymore, the game isn't fun so people are leaaaaving, waaaa"
Quote exactly from his post where he is pleading for sympathy.

So as many forum goer's will hopefully agree,

boom, I don't even need to say more, but I will.

But lately I've noticed unnerving things about my favorite childhood game.
Bringing personal crap into this, trying to make us feel bad that his go-to game is no longer as great for him so he is ultra really sad + nostalgia

but many of my peers agree with me, Blockland is losing its replay value in my eyes, I want the old nostalgic Blockland back, where everything was new and there was a thousand ways to waste your time.

blockland is no lunger phun 5 me

So as many forum goer's will hopefully agree
Hoping for an outcome does not equal pleading for sympathy.

But lately I've noticed unnerving things about my favorite childhood game.
He states that he has noticed things about Blockland that are bothering him and he goes on to list those things. Still no plea for sympathy.

many of my peers agree with me, Blockland is losing its replay value in my eyes, I want the old nostalgic Blockland back
blockland is no lunger phun 5 me
Just because he thinks Blockland isn't as fun as before does not mean that it isn't still fun for him. Even I think that Blockland has seen better days, but I still love the game and think it's very fun.

Just because something causes you to be sympathetic does not mean that the person causing it is asking or pleading for it.

Well, people just need to be more productive and creative, I mean there is only a couple of servers that people stuff out that are actually their own idea, the rest is family rps, city RPGS and jail rps.
People just need to come up with new ideas.

Hoping for an outcome does not equal pleading for sympathy.
In this case it's pleading for empathy. Look at in the context of the topic, not the set of words.

He states that he has noticed things about Blockland that are bothering him and he goes on to list those things. Still no plea for sympathy.
Again, if you look at it with the negative context of the topic, it's a plead for empathy, a statement of how non-fun the game has gotten for him.

Just because something causes you to be sympathetic does not mean that the person causing it is asking or pleading for it.
Lol, it's like asking an ape or robot to match phrases.

Again, you're trying to associate the single example to an entire rule. It's not that specific. I'm sure badspot could add "the game is not fun" to the auto-ban list if he wanted. It's like saying "don't care, don't post" rule only applies to the phrase "i dont care". It's a stupid 2bit view of the rules that any amount of common sense would override.

if a game is being patches and bug fixed. then how could it be dead lol

op was banned

you're likely not going it change it

also he was bound to be banned anyway

Soon you will no longer be a stuffty spoiled child, but a stuffty spoiled half-man.  Video games will never be as entertaining as they once were.  Sorry.  

i beg to differ :p
i am 10fold more entertained by games nowadays then any time in my life.

however my taste in tv has changed quite a bit

He has a funny way of showing it, let me tell you.

i beg to differ :p
i am 10fold more entertained by games nowadays then any time in my life.

however my taste in tv has changed quite a bit

Badspot has a point though, a lot of people are super nostalgic.
"Oh games back in 2000 were the best, this new stuff sucks."

And guess what? People probably thought games in the 90s were better back in 2000
etc etc

I still love games. doesn't matter when they were released, it's just harder to find a true gem since there's so many developers. Blockland is a gem to me, i love blockland.

well the games i grew up with were the early descendants of arcade games on early consoles. and arcade-like games.
the industry wasnt really aware of what a game could be for about another 10 years lol.