Working Elevators!

Author Topic: Working Elevators!  (Read 89367 times)

Oh windows would have beeb cool, oh well we still get quality add-ons from you so I could care less.

Oh windows would have beeb cool, oh well we still get quality add-ons from you so I could care less.

Bump

Bump
What was the whole point of that? i would understand if you put "QFT" but.....

I realized nobody asked you if 2 elevators were to collide into each other, have you tested that?

No.  Two Elevators will not be able to collide into one another.

y? you made like some kind of collider box that extends infinetly up and down? just wondering
and its posssible to make elevators like the WTC, in which once the doors open, theres another elevator to jump on.

No, lol, that'd be a stupid way of doing it.  I simply run a check for certain types of objects in the path while the Elevator is moving.

I don't understand what you're asking in your WTC elevator question.

I think he means an elevator which can go from (say) floor 1 of a building to floor 4, a second one going from floor 4 to floor 8, and on floor 4 the doors open so that you can exit on floor 4 or move to the other elevator. It might help people waiting for the elevator to arrive with response times.

Nah, I don't think that'd be very effective for the way my Elevators will work.  With my Elevators, the Elevator Doors will remain open for a limited amount of time, and will crush anyone in the doorway when they close.  If you want to move from floor 1 to floor 8, just make an Elevator that spans the distance.  I won't be making it so that you can synchronize Elevators.

If you want more trafic flow then you would just need to get another elevator. And I am looking forward to the windows and elevator.

i ment that for like challenges and such if its possible to make 2 elevators on the same floor, both connected enough to walk or hop to, and have the elevators move in diffrent directions

*facepalm*

I'm not sure why people still mention Windows.  I liked the idea once, but decided that it's one best left to custom brick makers.  The work required to make functioning Windows could never balance with any amount of benefit that could come from their creation.

@ Shocklink

You can start an Elevator wherever you like, even if it's on the 10th floor, but it won't automatically open when you exit from another Elevator.

i know that you can start s elevator on any floor, i was asking a question that i ended up asking myself, iv been dead for the past week since camping and massive school work...

when will it be out plus how do i get a avatar

Trader will probaly release when V9 comes out
Also What kind of styles will there be for Elevators  :cookieMonster: