Author Topic: Fez II Cancelled  (Read 10859 times)

if you honestly think that phil deserved this much hate then you're either misinformed or an idiot
he lashed out during fez's development because his partner LITERALLY left him with nothing but a half finished game. yes, he lashed out, he also admitted this. it was wrong.
after it finally came out people kept just sending horrible stuff to him, literally like 50+ bad messages a day if you check back (doubt many of the people criticizing have had to put up with that)
of course he lashed back - that's the sort of person he is. he fought back and got stuff on by so many people. it's honestly disgusting.

he made a technically great game, but people judged it and it's art on him rather than the game. they judged it on him while he was at his most vulnerable and very emotionally unstable (just as many game devs get during the crunch of a game - especially when you've been left by your partner).

you don't have to like the game, but technically it was amazing. the puzzles were challenging for the average person playing it (i'm sorry if you're to smart for it) and it looked great. the mechanics were solid and the controls were great to.

many people that have worked, talked and been with him have said he's not that bad. he's get irritated sometimes and lashes out but overall he's a nice guy.

the straw that broke the camels back is when gametrailers criticized him for not commenting on a rumour. i mean seriously.

i don't see why so many of you guys hate him? can any of you actually link me to something he's done that's bad that ISN'T in retaliation? feels like a lot of people here are bandwagoning a bit.

he made a technically great game, but people judged it and it's art on him rather than the game. they judged it on him while he was at his most vulnerable and very emotionally unstable (just as many game devs get during the crunch of a game - especially when you've been left by your partner).

you don't have to like the game, but technically it was amazing. the puzzles were challenging for the average person playing it (i'm sorry if you're to smart for it) and it looked great. the mechanics were solid and the controls were great to.
love you freeze

i don't see why so many of you guys hate him? can any of you actually link me to something he's done that's bad that ISN'T in retaliation? feels like a lot of people here are bandwagoning a bit.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-07-fez-creator-phil-fish-declares-modern-japanese-games-just-suck

WHAT A loving starfish HE HATES JAPAN

fez was an awful game and i'm glad that it might be over

fish might just be having another tantrum and will wake up tomorrow thinking holy stuff i forgeted up again and resume development

That's not the same thing as saying it affected the genre. He's saying he didn't claim it did. SMB kickstarted platformers and was bland and that's it. This is ridiculous.

I'm saying it had the potential to, not that it would be.

Well I'm sorry. I'm not a big nintendo fan and I thought that SMB2 was the sequel.
Super Mario Bros 2 originated as Doki Doki Panic, a non-Mario game that they just reskinned for American audiences cause TLL was "too hard". They did actually add something though, there were originally FOUR battles against the bomb-throwing Mouser (as well as Triclyde, Birdos, Fryguy, and Wart), but they replaced one (I think it was the third) with a new boss, Clawgrip.
TLL did introduce new mechanics on top of SMB, in particular I remember the uber-jump trampolines, the wind effects, and the piranha plants that don't give a forget if you're next to their pipes.

looks like a regular platformer indie game to me, as if there aren't already like millions of those.  nothing of value lost by his surrender lol.

frankly i don't even care what "provoked" him or whatever, if he wasn't such a little bitch it wouldn't even be a problem. not only would he not have the idiocy to cause people to dislike him, he would also be capable of disregarding whatever people might say about him like a normal human being with at least some semblance of maturity.

The very beginning of Fez was awesome to solve puzzles and stuff, but towards the end it fell apart with looking through the same worlds over and over.

ive never even heard of the game and it looks like stuff tb

Sad for the game but the developer looks like a show off. He worths it.

That dev. looks like a loving sterotype hipster douche bag tbh

That's why you don't fight back on bad messages. Causes more bad messages

frankly i don't even care what "provoked" him or whatever
well you should as that's a big part of the problem. there would be little to none 'starfish-ish' comments without people being an starfish to him first.

if he wasn't such a little bitch it wouldn't even be a problem. not only would he not have the idiocy to cause people to dislike him, he would also be capable of disregarding whatever people might say about him like a normal human being with at least some semblance of maturity.
so it's okay for all the people sending him hate comments to do that (since like you said you don't care about what provoked him), but when he replies back it's suddenly bad? are you kidding me?