HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?

Poll

What should happen to the price of HamHost?

Make it completely free. All features of the web control panel will br available for everybody.
Keep it free/premium, but give half of the features to free users.
Continue making more (web) control panel features for premium users, and occasionally make one for unpaid clients.
Keep adding more control panel features for premium users, but add none for free clients.
Make HamHost paid-only.

Author Topic: HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?  (Read 101154 times)

I still don't understand how malicious EXEs/DLLs could ever get on the server and executed?

10/10 for logo, definitely made so much effort into it *Sarcasm*

not enough hexagons
but seriously even the hexagons, don't look well made

not enough hexagons
but seriously even the hexagons, don't look well made

(Please don't criticize me too much on the quality of the logo. I'll improve it when I have some spare time).

That's not ROYGBIV, either. That's ROYGBCV.

i'm so mad about colours now jeez...

i made a new logo for you because it bothered me so much

i imagine hammereditor is probably bijou
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:43:02 AM by otto-san »

That's not ROYGBIV, either. That's ROYGBCV.

i'm so mad about colours now jeez...

i made a new logo for you because it bothered me so much

This is the best option for logos.

Those messages are being sent since you didn't enter a genuine username and password.
That's not a reason to send a million of error messages
Unless those are created by the client itself for no reason

Why does it complain about not being able to open a file if i enter a wrong username
Why are you seperating values with !@# for the login request
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:07:09 AM by Zeblote »

I still don't understand how malicious EXEs/DLLs could ever get on the server and executed?
why would there even be malicios exe files on the server? who puts them there?

That's not a reason to send a million of error messages
Unless those are created by the client itself for no reason

Why does it complain about not being able to open a file if i enter a wrong username
Why are you seperating values with !@# for the login request
1. What error messages does it spam you with?
2. I will look into the opening file / username issue later.
3. !@# is a 'word seperator' that I have created for seperating fields. The HamHost control panel system uses this.
4. I'm not worried if you decompiled the .jar file. It's all server-sided, so you can't find any exploits/hacks.

why would there even be malicios exe files on the server? who puts them there?
Users who want to damage other users' Blockland directories and files will do that, because it's the only way you can access folders at a higher level than the Blockland folder.

1. What error messages does it spam you with?
2. I will look into the opening file / username issue later.
3. !@# is a 'word seperator' that I have created for seperating fields. The HamHost control panel system uses this.
4. I'm not worried if you decompiled the .jar file. It's all server-sided, so you can't find any exploits/hacks.
1 It spammed that the server had an error processing the request and that I should resend it or similar, restarting fixed it
2 Instead of saying that it can't open the file, make it tell the user "User does not exist"
3 Now enter "asdf!@#asdf!@#1234" in the username field and see how that's a bad idea
   Not that they could do anything bad with it though
4 I didn't, I ran your executable in a sandbox (for obvious reasons) and traced what it sends

You could probably improve the panel by using a data interchange format such as JSON or XML.

Lol my hosting is on my forums key.
So um.. if I used my other key..?

[i mg]http://www.hammereditor.net/images/hamhostlogo.png[/img]

I made a properly aligned version because I was bored