HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?

Poll

What should happen to the price of HamHost?

Make it completely free. All features of the web control panel will br available for everybody.
Keep it free/premium, but give half of the features to free users.
Continue making more (web) control panel features for premium users, and occasionally make one for unpaid clients.
Keep adding more control panel features for premium users, but add none for free clients.
Make HamHost paid-only.

Author Topic: HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?  (Read 101175 times)

Hey, can you post any customer reviews or anything like that? I think I might have to use this because most of the RTB servers have been lagging a lot recently.
Information on the end of the beta
The beta testing will approximately be over on 8/30/2013 or 8/31/2013. At that time, HamHost will get a new VPS. Estimated specs:
  • RAM: 4.5 GB
  • CPU: 4 Intel Xeon cores
  • HDD: 100 GB storage
  • Bandwidth/month: 1.2 TB
This new VPS will become HamHost's new main server. It will be in the U.S., (which means better ping), and have twice the CPU as the current VPS. It will also probably have higher Internet throughput.
I think the hosting service will go into the free/premium stage either on 9/1/2013 or 9/2/2013.
Blockland server migration will take 4-24 hours to complete, since there is testing involved.
The VPS will be purchased on 8/30/2013 or 8/31/2013.

As for premium usage payment, I don't have any information on that, but users can pay in Bitcoins if Paypal is not set up by then.

Dat ping.
I assume this was with my hosting service.
I think it was a false ping, though.

I think it's time for me to give a review.
Hamhost is incredibly reliable. Hammereditor, it's hoster, treats his clients amazingly. He is on most of the time, and does his best to fix any issues you have with the service. His customer service is so reliable, in fact, that he actually added features that I asked him to. I cannot remember him ever saying "nah" or "maybe" or "no thanks". He really deserves more customers, and money.
Hamhost is "delicious". I use it, and I think you should to.

I assume this was with my hosting service.
I think it was a false ping, though.
I think the timescale was at 0.5 at that time. Still, its a pretty awesome sight.

Hammereditor I am 100% serious when I say this. You have people testifying to your excellent service, but no one is going to take you seriously until you incorporate a ham into your service's logo somehow.

that is all.

Hammereditor I am 100% serious when I say this. You have people testifying to your excellent service, but no one is going to take you seriously until you incorporate a ham into your service's logo somehow.

that is all.
he's right
so i made this for you

I think the timescale was at 0.5 at that time. Still, its a pretty awesome sight.
Because you live in the United Kingdom, which is not very far away from the VPS's location.

that is all.
"Ham" is supposed to stand for "Hammereditor.

I think it's time for me to give a review.
Hamhost is incredibly reliable. Hammereditor, it's hoster, treats his clients amazingly. He is on most of the time, and does his best to fix any issues you have with the service. His customer service is so reliable, in fact, that he actually added features that I asked him to. I cannot remember him ever saying "nah" or "maybe" or "no thanks". He really deserves more customers, and money.
Hamhost is "delicious". I use it, and I think you should to.

Thank you. Is the low-resolution issue still not solved?

EDIT: I found a bug, and fixed it. The resolution is now auto-detected, and the interface is resized.
Setro, either run the launcher to update the program, on download it again from http://www.hammereditor.net/files/.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:21:59 AM by hammereditor² »

We will be migrating all Blockland servers today or tomorrow.
HamHost has finally got a new VPS! Looking at Speedtest.net, the location is either in North Carolina or Texas. I didn't locate the IP address yet.
This is how switching over to the new system will work:

• All Blockland servers on our current node will be shut down.
  • The HamHost folder and Websites folder will be compressed.
  • Your Blockland servers will be restarted in 30-180 minutes. Note that they will be running on the old VPS. This is so that you can have maximum uptime during the migration.
  • The zipped folders will be downloaded to the new VPS, and be unzipped.
  • Filezilla FTP server will be installed, and all of your previous FTP accounts will be transferred.
  • The hammereditor.net web site will be configured, and be started.
  • The Blockland servers on the old VPS will be stopped, and be started on the new VPS. The migration is now complete.

Holy stuff it might be in Texas? I might get this hosting service.

Holy  @#!*%  it might be in Texas? I might get this hosting service.
Nah, I found out it's in North Carolina.

I've now started the migration.

Oh well it's still near Texas

Hammer, how would I migrate Reindeer's server to my account? I know you messaged me it, but I can't find the message.