HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?

Poll

What should happen to the price of HamHost?

Make it completely free. All features of the web control panel will br available for everybody.
Keep it free/premium, but give half of the features to free users.
Continue making more (web) control panel features for premium users, and occasionally make one for unpaid clients.
Keep adding more control panel features for premium users, but add none for free clients.
Make HamHost paid-only.

Author Topic: HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?  (Read 101156 times)

Twice this page you've double posted, use the the modify button.

We all fail in life...
Hammer seems to be doing a better job now. Probably cause you aren't in the way *chuckle*

Twice this page you've double posted, use the the modify button.
Hammer seems to be doing a better job now. Probably cause you aren't in the way *chuckle*
Pacnet: 2 hosting service failures.
Hammereditor: 0.5 hosting service failures.
Last year's service was half-owned by Pacnet, so it only counts as half of a failure.

And let me add that Pacnet2013 doesn't even want to be involved in HamHost, even to this day.
I wouldn't let him in, obviously, because how can I trust Pacnet with the VPS and my customers's data?

lol'd at the fact you can't trust your own brother.

Then again not sure I would either, at the fact Pacnet didn't do so well.

I'm more worried about sabotage and altering my management practices.

I'm more worried about sabotage and altering my management practices.
[/quote   ]
Yeah I see what you mean.

Hey, how do I make it so the server uses my preferred colorset?  I put the complete path in the bottom but it isn't working :o is there another way I'm supposed to do?  Other than that everything seems fine but I sometimes see 2 servers up for some reason o_o

Edit: 2 server thing I think I figured out I think I might've double clicked start server by accident(so I stopped server twice).  Colorset is still something I'm trying to figure out.  Till I do I'll keep the server off for now.

If the control panel won't work, just replace the /config/server/colorSet.txt with the new file. Use FTP.
I think the control panel's colorset changing is not working since you are not a premium user. I may have forgotten to make it say, "Sorry, but only premium clients can manage colorsets with the c-panel.".

If the control panel won't work, just replace the /config/server/colorSet.txt with the new file. Use FTP.
I think the control panel's colorset changing is not working since you are not a premium user. I may have forgotten to make it say, "Sorry, but only premium clients can manage colorsets with the c-panel.".

Ok thanks.  I figured that but b/c that was the only thing that didn't say that I was a bit skeptical on whether or not I was doing it wrong :o

Tell me if you have any more problems.

After almost of a week of using HamHost, I would like to give a review

This service has done me and momentum very good with nice connection, reliable speeds and good service. Hammereditor helped me when I had issues setting up my server, and getting addons to work. We are going to use the server for near Christmas for something big that we have been planning. Right now we are using it to build structures for what we have been building all summer and now we have a service that can do us well. For the most part, the hosting is good and the panel can crash sometimes, but I will be awaiting the web panel for the future. I would recommend this service to anyone who wants a free server for blockland due to it being well made. This actually surprised me when I tried this, because momentum's internet isn't good at all. His Latency was under 100, when compared to my server, around 600. I will plan on buying the service in the future when the web panel comes out I give this service a solid 8/10. Some of the best hosting I've used with good speeds even to Canada.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:40:00 PM by Nal »

I will plan on buying the service in the future when the web panel comes out I give this service a solid 8/10.
Would this rating be the same, regardless of the price of my hosting service?
Or is your 8/10 largely due to the fact that HamHost is free?

And I don't know if I should restrict the web control panel to only premium users, since it's a huge advantage.

Would this rating be the same, regardless of the price of my hosting service?
Or is your 8/10 largely due to the fact that HamHost is free?

And I don't know if I should restrict the web control panel to only premium users, since it's a huge advantage.
I'm saying 8/10 due to small lag spikes occasionally and the panel sometimes crashing
Being free is a good advantage too.

I'm saying 8/10 due to small lag spikes occasionally and the panel sometimes crashing
Being free is a good advantage too.
Lag spikes???
Can you please tell me the history of lags spikes you have experienced?
I was doing some stress-testing with the Java control panel server and WMIprvSe.exe yesterday, and it caused some lag spikes yesterday.
But I am finshed with all of that.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:05:41 AM by hammereditor² »

lol'd at the fact you can't trust your own brother.

Then again not sure I would either, at the fact Pacnet didn't do so well.
Wait what.

Pacnet is Hammer's brother?

I'm learning new things recently.