Author Topic: Everquest Next/EQNext Landmark - Voxel-based MMO  (Read 3221 times)

Can't put much since the game was recently announced but holy stuff

LIST OF REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED

EVERQUEST
VOXELS
BEAUTIFUL ART STYLE
KERRANS ARE NOW LIONS
JEREMY SOULE
EVERYTHING IS BREAKABLE JESUS CHRIST

WORLDWIDE DEBUT (PT.1)

WORLDWIDE DEBUT (PT.2)

https://www.everquestnext.com

This is the official website

Two games are being released. Everquest Next, and Everquest Next Landmark.

Everquest Next Landmark will be released THIS YEAR and will allow the players to build to their own will, somewhat like an advanced version of minecraft
( You can watch a demo of this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVBAreJ6zuY )

i'll set this thread up better, just wanted to get it up.

I watched the reveal, I originally coined my current alias when I first played Everquest. I made a half-elf paladin named "Kheyre Alika".

You can bet I will be there.

Oh also dont forget there is a special emote system, where you can use a webcam and the characters try to mimic your facial expressions by matching yours to the emotes.

Well, I have always loved cell-shaded games...

I originally coined my current alias when I first played Everquest. I made a half-elf paladin named "Kheyre Alika".

You can bet I will be there.
awww yeah baby
my EQ2 main is a paladin, and will continue on in eqnext
kerran paladin of pure manliness.

If this does what it says it's going to, then it will be the first truly next-gen MMO.

My dad and I play SoD all the time. He has 4 maxed out characters and a stuff load of rares.

It does seem very interesting, You can see a ton of similarity's to guild wars 2 as well. (The lion race run the same as the charr)

Curious to know if it will have normal quests or just dynamic style quests.

It looks really high definition, I like it. Could this top WoW? I know EQ used to be a lot more popular than WoW in the early 2000's (well that's really because EQ was made before WoW). The developers of EQ are starting to step up to the plate.

It does seem very interesting, You can see a ton of similarity's to guild wars 2 as well. (The lion race run the same as the charr)

Curious to know if it will have normal quests or just dynamic style quests.

It's also similar to GW2 in terms of combat, which i'm not a fan of.

8 abilities in total, 4 combat 4 utility. but they're doing it so you can use multiple class utilities on the same hotbar and stuff.
Not enough info to truly judge it atm but im hyped.

I like the fact there is 40+ unlockable classes waiting.

Or the fact it is truely the only next gen game coming out.

Might be the first MMO I really get into.

Also for anyone excited for the game, http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/ has some decent population with great discussion and the guys at SOE are constantly posting there.

How many active players do you guys think EQ Next will have a month or two after it's release? I have always liked the old EQ, although I only played it once.

How many active players do you guys think EQ Next will have a month or two after it's release? I have always liked the old EQ, although I only played it once.
Can't really say this early, since we dont even know the release date for the game

Can't really say this early, since we dont even know the release date for the game

Do you think that it'd ever top WoW's user base?