Sopa is back

Author Topic: Sopa is back  (Read 8788 times)

I long for the day when people realize that sopa/pipa is a good thing.
I long for a day people aren't fooled by modern day politics.

Our government has this thing where they like to hide really stuffty, unpassible laws by covering them up with something mildly good.

Obamacare, there's so much stuff in that bill you wouldn't believe, they hid it behind people working full time in a business with over so many people /requiring/ benefits.  However, once they got that bill passed and the stuffty part came out, people realized that all companies have to do, is cut your hours to 35 hours a week to avoid this.  This forgeted over a /lot/ of people who thought it would help them

Here, they're trying to hide more stuffty things behind the idea of protecting peoples work and making things online for once have government backed privacy.  I guarantee there's a absolute forgetton of stuff that would disgust you, literally disgust you, that they're trying to pass in a bill that's so big noone wants to actually read it.  I mean it's an unethical way to do things, but our government just loves it, and thats' from both sides, i'm not taking a stance here

I'm not going to argue as everyone who hates sopa/pipa are so incredibly stubborn about it, I'm just going to say that if you've actually bothered to read all the fine details, there are very few loopholes and where there are the government easily has the power to stop anyone who tries to abuse them.

Clarification: Obamacare has nothing to do with sopa
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:00:34 PM by Ipquarx »

I'm not going to argue as everyone who hates sopa/pipa are so incredibly stubborn about it, I'm just going to say that if you've actually bothered to read all the fine details, there are very few loopholes and where there are the government easily has the power to stop anyone who tries to abuse them.

I'm not being stubborn, if you prove to have a good point, i have no problem admitting I'm wrong.

however, my example with obamacare is /very/ true, and i have no doubt once this bill finally does get support it will be changed in the favor of the government, not the people

tl;dr

Websites and services lose the (weak) safe harbor protections they already have

Hinders Americans' access to international pharmaceutical resources like those in Canada which are often cheaper

Doesn't fix oversized copyright periods ("forever less one day")

Anyone supporting this should be ashamed of himself.

there are very few loopholes and where there are the government easily has the power to stop anyone who tries to abuse them.
And you think this is a good thing?
Clarification: Obamacare has nothing to do with sopa
It was an example.

I'm not going to argue as everyone who hates sopa/pipa are so incredibly stubborn about it
Seems like you're pretty stuborn too.

it won't get passed. even if it did obama would probably veto it.

no need to worry, just some dumb politicians not thinking and making a stupid bill.

Obama vetoed the older SOPA bill, so what makes you guys think that he'll approve of this one? He won't, he isn't that stupid (he isn't stupid).

If it's true (which it won't and you got it form a bunch of idiots), then you know what it means!

PROTESTING!

And if it passed:

TO THE and live there forever.

If it's true (which it won't and you got it form a bunch of idiots), then you know what it means!

PROTESTING!

And if it passed:

Are you stupid?
The UK has it worse off than we do.

PROTESTING!

And if it passed:

Because the UK is far closer to the US then canada

it won't get passed. even if it did obama would probably veto it.

no need to worry, just some dumb politicians not thinking and making a stupid bill.
Obama vetoed the older SOPA bill, so what makes you guys think that he'll approve of this one? He won't, he isn't that stupid (he isn't stupid).
"oh yeah he vetoed it before it won't pass now"

yeah no this isn't an election year anymore.  obama has a free pass to do whatever the hell he wants with no real repercussions except maybe the next democrat president (barely).