Sopa is back

Author Topic: Sopa is back  (Read 8785 times)

I totally forgot what SOPA will do to the average internet user that doesn't pirate things.

Enlighten me so I can care about SOPA again.
  • causes our favourite websites to do dumb "blackout" bullstuff, intentionally rendering themselves unuseable
  • handicapped paranoia that the man is coming for you
  • makes people stuff themselves and "spread the word" because of paranoid people over the internet
  • nothing

i dont understand why people try to justify this bill or the premise of this bill being okay.

I mean what is America doing?  too many people in New York we're fat, so forget it let's make soft drinks past a certain size illegal to sell so the people who live healthy lifestyles can't pig out on a 21 ounce soda from the gas station, and the fat people don't have to control themselves!  Let's take away the free mans right because some people can't control themselves!

Let's take away guns for everyone because 1% of the gun owners in America use them to commit violent crimes.  Let's take away the free mans right because people can't control themselves!

Let's take away internet freedoms and crack down on 'pirates'. Lets take away the free mans right because people can't control themselves!

You know what?  Let's strap all citizens in straight jackets, not allow them to vote, and starve them to death and that will fix all our problems!  People won't have to fight because they can't, no voting means no protests, and obesity is no longer an issue when they starve!

It's the perfect idea guys!

i dont understand why people try to justify this bill or the premise of this bill being okay.

I mean what is America doing?  too many people in New York we're fat, so forget it let's make soft drinks past a certain size illegal to sell so the people who live healthy lifestyles can't pig out on a 21 ounce soda from the gas station, and the fat people don't have to control themselves!  Let's take away the free mans right because some people can't control themselves! Nobody who can control themselves will drink 21 ounce sodas. Besides, you can still buy 21 ounces but not in a 21 ounce cup.

Let's take away guns for everyone because 1% of the gun owners in America use them to commit violent crimes.  Let's take away the free mans right because people can't control themselves! P. sure it's more than 1% of the gun owners in america.

Let's take away internet freedoms and crack down on 'pirates'. Lets take away the free mans right because people can't control themselves! Once again, sometimes when people won't control themselves the law has to step in.

You know what?  Let's strap all citizens in straight jackets, not allow them to vote, and starve them to death and that will fix all our problems!  People won't have to fight because they can't, no voting means no protests, and obesity is no longer an issue when they starve! ...you're so handicapped it hurts.

It's the perfect idea guys!

Please don't respond inside the quote, it makes it hard for me to respond.

1) I drink 21 ounce soda's probably once a week, I'm in no way obese, I'm actually very fit, so I can control myself

2) You can't get a correct statistic without left wing or right wing sources contorting it, but it's never been proven to be higher than 7% of legal gun owners that ever commit a crime pertaining to a weapon

3) Because pirates steal software the government steps in?  How about private business steps in and adds anti pirate steps themselves?  Do we need to be babied by the government?

4) Good one, you're the one who took each of my examples and pointed out the flaws in each example, rather doing to logical thing and taking the overall point into consideration, so on my behalf, I'd have to say you are the handicapped one.

Most Murders are gang related or domestic anyway. Most of the people who are for gun control are scared that another school shooting will happen which is rare. Basically why should you make a law that hurts a majority when it is targeted at a minority?

Most Murders are gang related or domestic anyway. Most of the people who are for gun control are scared that another school shooting will happen which is rare. Basically why should you make a law that hurts a majority when it is targeted at a minority?
The point I'm trying to make

Please don't respond inside the quote, it makes it hard for me to respond. Sorry.

1) I drink 21 ounce soda's probably once a week, I'm in no way obese, I'm actually very fit, so I can control myself You're a minority.

2) You can't get a correct statistic without left wing or right wing sources contorting it, but it's never been proven to be higher than 7% of legal gun owners that ever commit a crime pertaining to a weapon That's true.

3) Because pirates steal software the government steps in?  How about private business steps in and adds anti pirate steps themselves?  Do we need to be babied by the government? Pirates will find a way around it. We're not cutting off all electronics, if you really give 100 stuffs about your dumb piratebay find a way around it.

4) Good one, you're the one who took each of my examples and pointed out the flaws in each example, rather doing to logical thing and taking the overall point into consideration, so on my behalf, I'd have to say you are the handicapped one. I'm sorry again.

Thieves will be steal stuff no matter what and murders will kill no matter what. All you can do is improve your security and find a way to deter crime. Maybe if online software retailers rewarded loyal customers like 50% off every 15th purchase? Or how about companies make demos again. Then all you have left is a small minority that has the money to buy stuff, but would rather steal.

yadda bla bla every american citizen drinks out of 21 ounce bottles yadda gun crime control overreaction and also overused "they b takin away our rights and all our freedom" line and some text bla bla obvious overreaction about government

lol

you're the type of person Riddler would've easily persuaded I see
I mean it's cool though, completely dismiss valid arguments because you don't agree with them!  That's totally okay in society!  You'll get very far!

lol

you're the type of person Riddler would've easily persuaded I see
I mean it's cool though, completely dismiss valid arguments because you don't agree with them!  That's totally okay in society!  You'll get very far!
to be honest, I did that because you're using the exact same thing that everybody's been saying

"let's take away the constitutional right! let's ban guns, etc etc!"

it's getting loving annoying and stop it. we saw the exact same thing a hundred thousand times before so stop posting stuff like that and get it through your thick skull that everybody else has already said it.

sorry if I sound like a complete richard but really.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:47:50 PM by Decepticon »

to be honest, I did that because you're using the exact same thing that everybody's been saying

"let's take away the constitutional right! let's ban guns, etc etc!"

it's getting loving annoying and stop it. we saw the exact same thing a hundred thousand times before so stop posting stuff like that and get it through your thick skull that everybody else has already said it.

sorry if I sound like a complete richard but really.

If everyone said it Obama wouldn't be in office.  I have a right to my opinion and I have a right to express it, and my entire loving post was sarcasm, if you didn't catch on because I honestly can't tell.  You realize a democracy only works because the people vote based on THEIR opinions, therefore telling someone to shut up about their political beliefs is absolutely and utterly loving handicapped.

This whole thread is Yenola and his army against everyone else.

This whole thread is Yenola and his army against everyone else.
I came into the thread like, last page.

And as far as I remember all of you guys on blf hate me so I don't really have a backing.

I never said that I was right, I'm saying these are my beliefs and reasonings, I don't care if other people disagree, but don't belittle my beliefs or blatantly state they are wrong and not expect me to get mad, I didn't do that to any of you, it's called having respect.  You guys should try it sometime