Author Topic: over 50k posts  (Read 12143 times)

it's pretty amazing how someone can be so active on a game forum and contribute literally nothing to the game
I don't think it's amazing.

How many people have actually contributed to the game?

What do you even consider a contribution?
Using the forums doesn't come with a requirement that you create Add-Ons or host servers or work for the business.

Are people seriously getting so hung-up that there's another user who happens to use these forums more than them?
You're all still browsing the off-topic section of a video game forum and posting in a place where you are of no real signifigance to anyone else. We all are.
Some of you even have high post counts/rates yourself, and you're complaining. RaR, you've gained a third of the posts in 1 year that I've gotten in over 5.
dkamm manages to creep 11 posts a day in, and has 20k posts himself from 4.5 years.
Port gets 21 posts a day, with nearly 15k in just 2 years.
And Yosher has similar to port, but in 3 years.

It's not a crime to have a high post count or rate, especially when you've been here multiple years.

RaR, you've gained a third of the posts in 1 year that I've gotten in over 5.
this is incorrect, I signed up on this account in early 2008 (lurking since 2007) and over the years and on all my alts combined i still don't make it anywhere near the top poster list. 5 years and I'm around 20k posts.

I've spent quite a good time in Gallery, I average about 2-3 hours in-game every day, I'm currently working on 6 projects that I plan to make into servers, I've been trying to get into TorqueScript so I can make add-ons. I've been on this forum for the purpose of me loving this goddamn game and it's community, not to do furry yiff rp's.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:48:15 PM by RaR »

this is incorrect, I signed up on this account in early 2008 (lurking since 2007) and over the years and on all my alts combined i still don't make it anywhere near the top poster list. 5 years and I'm around 20k posts.
The point I was making was that you've still gotten large amounts of posts in a single year.
You've gotten even more than me then, in total, in the same amount of time.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But you shouldn't go around judging someone else for doing the same thing as you.
They do it more than you. So what.
You do it more than lots of other people.

And spending time in gallery or in-game doesn't make you a contributer to the game.
You're just someone who plays it.
You gave your $20, just like everyone else did. That was your contribution to the game.
PLanning to make Add-Ons means nothing, and working on servers is of little contribution.
I've been on this forum for the purpose of me loving this goddamn game and it's community, not to do furry yiff rp's.
And you can honestly forget off with this quote.
Pretty much everyone here (bar those repeated Alts who come back and try to cause problems) is here because they love the game. Otherwise they wouldn't come onto it's community forums.

And who are you to say that other people, like Night Fox aren't here because they love the community.
Unless they had some mental problem, I don't think they'd stick around if they hated everyone here.
I don't think someone spends years and gathers 50k posts on a place that they don't give a stuff about.

And who the forget cares if Night Fox or anyone else is a furry. Who even cares if they're doing roleplays. This is the Off Topic section. Anything goes here if it's not against the rules. That point isn't an argument at all, you're just trying to insult and cause an argument.
Grow up a little bit. Look at where you are, before you judge others for being here too.

And by the way, let's get onto your point about having multiple Alts.
Why do you even have those?
Were you permanently banned?
If you were, I don't see how you can possibly view yourself as anymore of a contribution to the game or the community compared with everyone else.

Or was it simply because you wanted a new character. Did you piss off so many people and ruin your image here so much that you simply needed a "new you"?
I doubt that's the case since you want everyone to know who you've been.
Either way, you're no more of a role model than anyone else.
Having a go at someone for doing something is pretty dreadful when you do the exact same, or have even done worse.

im at about 6k total
I can switch back to NalNalas when I want, but its PM revoked

i only got 384

and who the forget cares about how many posts you have

The point I was making was that you've still gotten large amounts of posts in a single year.
You've gotten even more than me then, in total, in the same amount of time.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But you shouldn't go around judging someone else for doing the same thing as you.
except for not at all
20k over 5 years is meh. 50k over 3 years is "never left the computer" tier.

And spending time in gallery or in-game doesn't make you a contributer to the game.
You're just someone who plays it.
You gave your $20, just like everyone else did. That was your contribution to the game.
PLanning to make Add-Ons means nothing, and working on servers is of little contribution.
Subjective. Whatever you want to call a "contributer", it's not being a defensive furry and hanging around in Off Topic and pushing the envelop for a bad smell known as the fur fandom to start getting proud.

And you can honestly forget off with this quote.
Pretty much everyone here (bar those repeated Alts who come back and try to cause problems) is here because they love the game. Otherwise they wouldn't come onto it's community forums.

And who are you to say that other people, like Night Fox aren't here because they love the community.
Unless they had some mental problem, I don't think they'd stick around if they hated everyone here.
I don't think someone spends years and gathers 50k posts on a place that they don't give a stuff about.

And who the forget cares if Night Fox or anyone else is a furry. Who even cares if they're doing roleplays. This is the Off Topic section. Anything goes here if it's not against the rules. That point isn't an argument at all, you're just trying to insult and cause an argument.
Grow up a little bit. Look at where you are, before you judge others for being here too.

And by the way, let's get onto your point about having multiple Alts.
Why do you even have those?
Were you permanently banned?
If you were, I don't see how you can possibly view yourself as anymore of a contribution to the game or the community compared with everyone else.

Or was it simply because you wanted a new character. Did you piss off so many people and ruin your image here so much that you simply needed a "new you"?
I doubt that's the case since you want everyone to know who you've been.
Either way, you're no more of a role model than anyone else.
Having a go at someone for doing something is pretty dreadful when you do the exact same, or have even done worse.
Nobody ever said that it's a big deal that being a furry who makes like 4,000 posts a minute is a big deal nor it is it a damage to the community. TBH I don't even care, lol. I'm not night fox and im certainly not making night foxes life choices, and I also wont have the same regrets when I'm older. I mean exactly what I said at the beginning of this stupid patter, It's pretty sad how someone can make 50k posts on a single online forum and your only proof of existence is a controversial human-animal hybrid mutation special interest that he defends to the grave. Nobody said it's bad, nobody said it's even a deal, it's just pathetic, and that's an opinion. You don't have to like it. Lord knows I don't give a stuff either way.

Also, yeah, I was permanently banned a few times. I don't know how that's relevant besides being the start of an exceptional ad hominem based argument.

PS you type way too much for an argument that could be delivered in 3 sentances
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:38:28 PM by RaR »

Dezcaban, how was your other account banned?

Dezcaban, how was your other account banned?
This one? Parents locked me out of it.

I don't get how you can have 5,000 plus posts, you're either stuffposting or have been playing this game for a while although the last one is no excuse for 50,000 posts.

Some people don't even post Blockland related stuff, you off-topic only people just waste space.

PS you type way too much for an argument that could be delivered in 3 sentances
well guess what, that's how sir dooble contributes to this forum. You typed as much as him right there, as well.

well guess what, that's how sir dooble contributes to this forum. You typed as much as him right there, as well.

Quote from: Albert Einstein
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

jus' saying

i post a lot as well, but the difference is that i don't make special threads to brag about it.

jus' saying
Uh, no. Sir Dooble explains his points thoroughly in his replies, he doesn't make them more complicated. I can read any of sir dooble's posts and understand them. And I have seen him move arguments in the other direction. For example:

Why is everyone giving Acerblock such a hard time?

It should be pretty obvious to everyone anywhere that it is not socially acceptable to say things like that to strangers.

Particularly children.
OP may be 13, but that is still well under-age. The concept behind the joke itself is disgusting and vulgar, and most certainly should not be directed at a minor.

If some stranger in a public toilets were to make a loveual-joke, which could easily be seen as loveual harrasment, to your young teenage child, you'd be absolutely fuming.
And if this person has no grip on social norms, then there is something fundamentally dangerous about him. That sort of comment can easily get someone arrested or worse.

Everyone was telling me it was just a joke and to get over in that thread and Dooble here practically turned the thread around since he has a lot of intelligence and common sense.

yeah his arguments are good but it's choked under 5 tons of garbage filler

he has a lot of intelligence and common sense.
that's the illusion he successfully builds by making gigantic walls of text every time he posts and people like you believe it

yeah his arguments are good but it's choked under 5 tons of garbage filler
that's the illusion he successfully builds by making gigantic walls of text every time he posts and people like you believe it
What you call garbage filler is detail and elaboration. You basically just said our opinion is wrong and yours is correct. Without explaining.