Author Topic: DayZero: Improved DayZ  (Read 765 times)

Originally, our servers were called SE9 and SE10 and we used vanilla DayZ. Back when the hacking was at it's worst, we decided to go private and start enforcing a whitelist. DayZero started as just some server-side modifications to stop the AS50, M107 and L85 thermal from spawning. Then we started rewriting code to fix bugs, we wrote our own whitelisting system, our own admin tools, our own anti-cheating system. Eventually, back when 1.7.2.6 had been out for two months and no new releases were on the horizon we decided to fork DayZ so we could fix bugs and add new content. We've always focused more on polishing than just adding as much as possible into the game.

There is not much else to explain, the game is 20 times better than vanilla DayZ.

loveiest Trailer for a mod ever

Official Site

Still a stuffty kill on sight one bullet from any gun knocks you unconscious experience! Woohoo!

But really I tried playing this and while the map is cool, everything else is still terribad. A gold coated piece of stuff is still a piece of stuff.

Dayz sucks in general. The only things I do are pvp servers or maybe trying out a new map.

Dayz sucks in general. The only things I do are play with Jazz.
fixed

is it still a clunky piece of forget? does it still take 4 years to find a working server? is installing it comparable to disabling a nuclear warhead?

is installing it comparable to disabling a nuclear warhead?
lol wtf?

Most of the game's clunky aspects come from flaws in Arma 2, not DayZ. It'd be unfair to blame the mod for the game.