Nuclear Attack EAS Alert

Author Topic: Nuclear Attack EAS Alert  (Read 15722 times)

For the blast, you can just go to a good shelter.

For the radiation, not even a shelter will save you from radiation. You'll be exposed to AT LEAST a little bit, and if you are already exposed to that little bit and accidentally eat the wrong part of the food you're dead. Trying to survive is pointless imo, there will be nothing left when you open the door.

The radiation symptoms scare me, you'll get beta burns on contact and the gamma rays will burn you alive from the inside out until you are paralyzed. You can also go blind, and if you do you can't commit Self Delete because you can't see anything. SO, you just lay there on your burns, bleeding and crapping diarrhea perpetually... until you die. All the while it's raining lethal black soot that also burns on contact :/

Sorry bout that, I probably ruined someone's weekend. But at least now you know.

I highly doubt any shelter could withstand 1k nukes. Like there would literally be a hole in the Earth. I would assume most of the nukes would be over 10MT, especially if most of them were from Russia. If they had a few full-capacitive Tsar Bombas, I would just off myself.

I highly doubt any shelter could withstand 1k nukes. Like there would literally be a hole in the Earth. I would assume most of the nukes would be over 10MT, especially if most of them were from Russia. If they had a few full-capacitive Tsar Bombas, I would just off myself.
Aren't most nukes airburst so they don't destroy as much of the ground as you would think? I can't remember.

I was talking about a regular nuclear attack. Not Darth Vader's assault on earth lol.

Aren't most nukes airburst so they don't destroy as much of the ground as you would think? I can't remember.
most nukes don't detonate when they hit the ground as hollywood and video games make them out to be

they follow a checklist that's 7 steps long iirc to detonate (6/7 of which are active on a nuclear weapon off the coast of one of the carolinas right now)

Some do that, others break up in space and send out clusters to earth.

for the love of god I hope that I don't see the yosemite super volcano warning in my lifetime. everyone in the world would just about be forgeted and inhaling small chunks of rock into my lungs doesnt sound like much fun

Chill. Different people have different reactions.

While this is 100% true. It doesn't mean they're not wusses.

While this is 100% true. It doesn't mean they're not wusses.
it's really just a different perception of stimuli. most people associate the EAS with impending danger, especially with the air raid sirens, which invokes a feeling of fear. since it's not real, you don't actually get scared, but you still feel the heightened sense and arousal, which is why some people got a 'chill down their spine' or 'goosebumps'.

Nobody is actually scared, nobody is a 'wuss', their body is just releasing chemicals in response to a trigger.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:22:51 AM by RaR »

Are you guys just wusses? I have no idea how this can be considered "spine chilling"
i don't know a single person who doesn't get a heightened sense of fear from hearing air raid sirens

are you dumb
no, do you think i'd want to live in a wasteland where most of my friends and family and people I know have died?

not my video, but same day, same EAS alert came on my tv, and my whole family rushed to the basement ;-;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-zH-RFj1EU
there was also a tornado touchdown somewhere like 10 miles from my house
scary stuff
i live in illinois btw

not my video, but same day, same EAS alert came on my tv, and my whole family rushed to the basement ;-;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-zH-RFj1EU
there was also a tornado touchdown somewhere like 10 miles from my house
scary stuff
i live in illinois btw
The joke's over.

The joke's over.
what joke? he's talking about a tornado warning he got