Author Topic: My only friend has just attempted to kill himself.  (Read 10085 times)

and just as predicted, out of the woodwork, all the self hating pill poppers come out to defend depression and other mental illnesses.

because its easier then taking responsibility in life. just play the victim of bad luck.

I don't see anybody "defending depression".

I do see a lot of people jumping to assumptions and bashing the OP. If you guys feel so strongly that he should try to help his friend (as he should), then why would you bash on him and make him depressed as well? (I'm assuming here that OP's friend actually did die, which would make this a very depressing topic for him.) Hypocrites.

and just as predicted, out of the woodwork, all the self hating pill poppers come out to defend depression and other mental illnesses.

because its easier then taking responsibility in life. just play the victim of bad luck.
Unless you've been there, you don't know what it's like. Don't speak of things which you have no experience in, and don't make generalizations.

yeah and you have the option to get a doctor

Because people with mental illnesses are known for their rational decision making.

Yeah medicine is complete bullstuff. Like forget what doctors say, I know what I believe is right because I just feel it.

I don't see anybody "defending depression".

I do see a lot of people jumping to assumptions and bashing the OP. If you guys feel so strongly that he should try to help his friend (as he should), then why would you bash on him and make him depressed as well? (I'm assuming here that OP's friend actually did die, which would make this a very depressing topic for him.) Hypocrites.

I guess I did when I said depression is an actual thing and not people just looking to play the victim.

Also, why do you call anybody defending the OP from all this hate a "self hating pill popper"? At the moment you seem like the angriest, most hateful person here.

Unless you've been there, you don't know what it's like. Don't speak of things which you have no experience in, and don't make generalizations.
its quite possible he was depressed at some point because he did have cancer

its quite possible he was depressed at some point because he did have cancer
Although I agree that's possible, generalizing everybody with depression as a "self hating pill popper" isn't accurate, and wanting to die is the worst feeling I've ever felt, in my entire life. I think it's a bit too serious to generalize people with depression, considering it's a real threat to many, including myself in the past.

Although I agree that's possible, generalizing everybody with depression as a "self hating pill popper" isn't accurate, and wanting to die is the worst feeling I've ever felt, in my entire life. I think it's a bit too serious to generalize people with depression, considering it's a real threat to many, including myself in the past.

I think he was generalizing anybody at all defending the OP as a "self hating pill popper". Either way, your point stands. I know people with depression and it is a very serious thing that doesn't have to have anything to do with drugs.

Guys this is probably an ARG.

Everything is an ARG.

What the flying forget is ARG?

he didn't come to school today
the police called me and told me hes in the hospital
they picked him up at around 6:30 last night (I made the topic AFTER calling everyone)
Thanks to some for comforting

Yeah medicine is complete bullstuff. Like forget what doctors say, I know what I believe is right because I just feel it.
depression is accepted as a legitimate condition by modern medical science because otherwise there'd be an uprising of teenagers bitching and moaning about it

he didn't come to school today
the police called me and told me hes in the hospital
they picked him up at around 6:30 last night (I made the topic AFTER calling everyone)
Thanks to some for comforting
dayum

ask why's he in the hospital

stomach pump maybe?

be prepared for...
the worse.

In other words...the Matrix?
please read this
for info on args
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:30:11 PM by The Resonte! »