Author Topic: iOS 7 released!!!  (Read 8136 times)

Took me a bit to actually get my grubby paws on the update, as my device was about half-power and we were in feth-all nowhere, but it seems really sleek, and I suppose I'm growing accustomed to the new design. The only issue I'm really having though is my Music application is crashing for no obvious reason.

Took me a bit to actually get my grubby paws on the update, as my device was about half-power and we were in feth-all nowhere, but it seems really sleek, and I suppose I'm growing accustomed to the new design. The only issue I'm really having though is my Music application is crashing for no obvious reason.
Yes, I'm having a similar crashing issue with any app I try to watch HD video from a specific site crashing the app I'm in (including Safari). Well, they can't catch all the bugs at once, can they?

Well no stuff you're running a 2013 OS on a 2011 phone. There is a thing such as slower and older technology.
Erm

Phones should be able to last 2 years, at the minimum, especially when they're priced at the same range as a PC, which is outdated maybe every 4-5 years

Kinda late.... but still... Why... This should be considered ambiguous because no stuff...

Erm

Phones should be able to last 2 years, at the minimum, especially when they're priced at the same range as a PC, which is outdated maybe every 4-5 years
um what kind of PCs are you think of? The ones that are in the 200 dollar price range kinda do suck already and they are pretty much already outdated. you're paying for a mobile device to take with you, not a personal computer

um what kind of PCs are you think of? The ones that are in the 200 dollar price range kinda do suck already and they are pretty much already outdated. you're paying for a mobile device to take with you, not a personal computer
iPhone 5C price range: $99.00 to $649.00
iPhone 5S price range: $199.99 to $849.99

Buying phones retail is insanely expensive, they got up to the $1500 mark, the only reason you pay less is the whole upgrade system phone companies do, and thank god they do it.

But my point stands, $650 is enough for a gaming PC that won't be outdated to the point of being useless in 4-5 years, not a year and a half
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 05:56:54 PM by JazZ5109AI »

I just downloaded it yesterday
omfg it's beautiful

iPhone 5C price range: $99.00 to $649.00

Buying phones retail is insanely expensive, they got up to the $1500 mark, the only reason you pay less is the whole upgrade system phone companies do, and thank god they do it.

But my point stands, $650 is enough for a gaming PC that won't be outdated to the point of being useless in 4-5 years, not a year and a half
You cannot compare a phone to a computer. This is like comparing an apple to green beans.
However, the new iPhone 5S maybe, since it's using 64-bit architecture. But we're talking about old tech here. You have to remember these iPhones are getting slimmer like every generation. Besides, even if they did make phones that were easily usable after a few years, there wouldn't be enough profits. Apple wants money.
They don't really care if each device might be obsolete within 3 years.

I just downloaded it yesterday
omfg it's beautiful
Yeah, I like the style too. If only my 3rd party apps looked to the par with the new design :(

Kinda late.... but still... Why... This should be considered ambiguous because no stuff...
news flash: ambiguous doesn't mean obvious

You cannot compare a phone to a computer. This is like comparing an apple to green beans.
However, the new iPhone 5S maybe, since it's using 64-bit architecture. But we're talking about old tech here. You have to remember these iPhones are getting slimmer like every generation. Besides, even if they did make phones that were easily usable after a few years, there wouldn't be enough profits. Apple wants money.
They don't really care if each device might be obsolete within 3 years.

You can, just like a computer can be compared with a laptop, it's all relatively the same technology.  I don't care how slim they get, the older generations should perform to a point of being able to even use the thing for at a minimum of two years, Android does it just fine.

And blaming bad business practice for an issue doesn't remotely fix it

You can, just like a computer can be compared with a laptop, it's all relatively the same technology.  I don't care how slim they get, the older generations should perform to a point of being able to even use the thing for at a minimum of two years, Android does it just fine.

And blaming bad business practice for an issue doesn't remotely fix it
Bad business practice is the reason it's happening

Bad business practice is the reason it's happening
but that doesn't make it right..

he isn't saying it's right
Whoever said it was?

then why was an argument ever brought up :|

we basically agree..

lol