Author Topic: Soft shadows  (Read 87725 times)

im also talking about optimized

So I've been working on modifying the shaders to add soft, blurred shadows (configurable).
I would release this, but there are several problems with doing so:

• You cannot replace files in shaders/ from an add-on anymore.
  • If I were to release the modified GLSL file itself,
    • you'd have to replace it and re-apply your shader settings every time you start Blockland.
    • you'd have to edit the file itself and do the above to change any settings for it.

Ideas for a viable way of releasing it would be very much appreciated.
Oh well, have some screenshots.

Recent screenshots (fixed shadow acne):

Older screenshots:

Port I saw you ingame!

Port I saw you ingame!
Why the hell did you quoted the entire loving topic

Port I saw you ingame!
since the dumb-asses above didn't know you where new to the forums, i am sorry for them bashing you.
I see that you have registered to the forum on march 30th, welcome new user. just what ever you do stay out of drama and also when you quote a lot of pictures a person has posted you should add -snip- in the quote box.   
thanks for reading and have a grate time new user!

Port, did you do something to the regular shaders, cause I'm getting like 140 FPS on minimum where I used to get like 60.

I also notice my GPU is running a bit hotter. Around 68-70 ish max now
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:43:17 PM by Georges »

I couldn't get this to work. How do I convert the .txt file I created into a .glsl file?

I couldn't get this to work. How do I convert the .txt file I created into a .glsl file?
When saving the text file, put .glsl into the file name and for good measure, click the button below the save name and change it from Text Document to All Files

Port, did you do something to the regular shaders, cause I'm getting like 140 FPS on minimum where I used to get like 60.

I also notice my GPU is running a bit hotter. Around 68-70 ish max now

I'm pretty sure that using this won't mess with minimum shaders since that's separate from the regular one (minimum adds the specular highlight but doesn't draw shadows) unless you did something very wrong.

The temperature is probably remnant of the stress that you put on your GPU when you turned soft shaders on.     EDIT: This can't be the cause unless you used soft shaders within the past few minutes or so.
Otherwise, minimum shaders isn't the cause.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:57:55 PM by QuadStorm »

well whatever I did, the shadows work, and now I get like 2-3 times the FPS on minimum. O_o

i tried with a gtx 770, and i have like 40 fps on Utopia City without clocking. It works fine wtf you say!