Author Topic: Toontown Rewritten Megathread - Open Beta Has Begun!  (Read 123583 times)

ill be on in around 5 hours if anyone wants to play

Getting on at 5:00 PM EST.

ill be on around 1:30 est lol

Sure, where do you want to meet?
my playtime was looong over by the time you posted that

Im on right now, bliss bayou. fishing in the main playground.

also does anyone have any idea why the game is so laggy? it can't be the actual game, it was made for stuffty computers.

is it just the servers?

Im on right now, bliss bayou. fishing in the main playground.

also does anyone have any idea why the game is so laggy? it can't be the actual game, it was made for stuffty computers.

is it just the servers?
It has a 1 second lag spike every time toons, doors, or npcs load. Joey said he'll fix this along with the opening of beta.

It has a 1 second lag spike every time toons, doors, or npcs load. Joey said he'll fix this along with the opening of beta.
ok cool. i'm really good at fishing and it sucks when i cast my rod wrong and get no fish because of lag.

i'm on right now in pastel plains, middle of the gazebo thing in TTC

i'm on right now in pastel plains, middle of the gazebo thing in TTC
im commin!

whats ur toons name
havent seen you yet
Maroon Cactus.

ill be at the gazebo

my internet died for no reason
k

I tried mapping toontown controls to a game pad with KeytoJoy but it's really glitchy and I wish I could make it so one of the joysticks moved the cursor.
Got it to work! Only covers basic movement, jumping, mouse cursor movement, and stichker book opening and closing. I'm using an xbox 360 gamepad, so I'd suggest using it for optimal results because I set it up for that
the setup is a little complicated but I guess I'll try to explain:
1. Download JoytoKey. Link
2. Set it up somewhere. I recommend making a folder in Program Files (x86) because this will come back up later. Just open the program and close it again to have it set up.
3. Download this .cfg and throw it into this path: (If someone finds a better way to explain this part, you're welcome to tell me)
C:/users/(username)/AppData (this is a hidden folder so you may need to unhide hidden folders)/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/JoytoKey
You might be able to override the search if you search for "VirtualStore" on your C: drive.
4. Open JoytoKey and select "Toontown"
5. Play!

Controls for xbox controllers:
Left joystick: Movement
Right joystick: Cursor control
Y: Jump
A: Select
Start: Escape

It should work, I tested this on "Toontown Offline", so if theres any problems go ahead and tell me!
Go nuts  :cookieMonster:

managed to finish a task, get laff and gags, accept a task, then finish it in a span of 10 minutes before my playtime ended