Baptist
Episcopalian
Mormon
Other branch of Christianity
Atheist
Non-Denominal
Other Religion
Pastafarian

Author Topic: The Thaw of Christianity - OH MY GOD NO NO NO PLEASE NO  (Read 4101 times)

My mom is Lutheran (a form of Protestantism).

I don't get where half of these claims even come from. It was really really funny seeing someone go "I even get called names because I believe in traditional marriage" Yeah you get called a biggot because you're a biggot. I loving hate how christians always feel prosecuted. It's really hard to be prosecuted when you're the majority.

Christians were persecuted a lot, but the Jews were persecuted more than any group in the world.

Christians were persecuted a lot, but the Jews were persecuted more than any group in the world.

So a few thousand years ago they weren't treated nicely. What does this have to do with anything I said. Are they being persecuted against today? If you say anything other than no you're an idiot. They just aren't being allowed to do whatever they want and force their beliefs on everyone.

So a few thousand years ago they weren't treated nicely. What does this have to do with anything I said. Are they being persecuted against today? If you say anything other than no you're an idiot. They just aren't being allowed to do whatever they want and force their beliefs on everyone.

I have the solution for you all.

We're all being persecuted by everyone else. Simple at that.

Jews were just persecuted less than 75 years ago, it's pretty recent. 6 million wiped out within ~5 years.  I don't think anyone forces beliefs on people. I am not a fan of others advertising their religion, but it's also how many religions grew and formed ages ago by advertising about the religion.

Religiosity is ridiculous, but then my view of religion is pretty different than others'. While most people consider religion any sort of belief pertaining to their worldview or that sort of thing, the connotative use for religion most of the time seems like what is being described in the OP: A sort of social club that people take advantage of and rub in other peoples' faces. It ends up being something very negative and that's the last thing Christianity should be imo

But let's not limit this to Christianity, there are plenty of other belief systems- and even lack of belief systems that have lots of people who act the same way. I know plenty of non-Christians who bash the beliefs of others and then act like they're the ones under fire.

And besides, it really depends on where you live. Here in the Bible belt (especially in a small town like mine) nearly 99% of everyone is a Christian (or at least say they are) and look at atheists like they have three horns on their head and should be burned at the stake. While down in Florida, where I lived previously, most people still claimed to be Christian, but there was more than an equal amount of atheists, agnostics, Muslims, etc. Here our Christian club is thriving, in Florida it didn't even have enough people to continue. Where I went to school there I wouldn't be surprised at all if it felt like Christianity was a dieing philosophy

I'm a fairly conservative Atheist who follows few Jewish traditions and observes some Jewish holidays. I know that a lot of it is fictional, but hope is what everyone needs. I don't believe in God, but I try too hard even though I know it's questionable. I think religion has caused lots of pain and agony in this world. It's sad in a way.

I'm a fairly conservative Atheist who follows few Jewish traditions and observes some Jewish holidays. I know that a lot of it is fictional, but hope is what everyone needs. I don't believe in God, but I try too hard even though I know it's questionable.
..you're name isn't Ben is it?
I knew a guy that was Jewish by blood but had atheistic views named Ben

I'm a fairly conservative Atheist who follows few Jewish traditions and observes some Jewish holidays. I know that a lot of it is fictional, but hope is what everyone needs. I don't believe in God, but I try too hard even though I know it's questionable. I think religion as caused lots of pain and agony in this world. It's sad in a way.

And it's also one of the primary sources of charity and aid, in my opinion. Mississippi isn't the second most charitable state by income percentage for being extremely humanistic, you know

Jews were just persecuted less than 75 years ago, it's pretty recent. 6 million wiped out within ~5 years.  I don't think anyone forces beliefs on people. I am not a fan of others advertising their religion, but it's also how many religions grew and formed ages ago by advertising about the religion.

The holocaust has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm talking about the people in this video. They are all Americans, and they're acting like this country is persecuting them. I have no idea how what you're talking about has anything to do with what I'm talking about.

I was a baptist and I stopped going to church, so I think I'm not a baptist anymore. I'm not really sure how that works. Do they just practice differently or what? And I claim to be an atheist, but I don't really give it any thought. I believe in a higher diety, but I don't know who that higher diety is. Isn't there some test that finds out what religion is best for you?

..you're name isn't Ben is it?
I knew a guy that was Jewish by blood but had atheistic views named Ben

My name isn't Ben.

And it's also one of the primary sources of charity and aid, in my opinion. Mississippi isn't the second most charitable state by income percentage for being extremely humanistic, you know

I agree. Religion does do a lot of good, and it can do some bad for the world.

The holocaust has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm talking about the people in this video. They are all Americans, and they're acting like this country is persecuting them. I have no idea how what you're talking about has anything to do with what I'm talking about.

Oh, I misunderstood what you said on the first page of the topic. And I know, the thing is all religions act like victims. All people within a religion are defensive toward their own religion too. It's not only Christians. The best people who I've ever known in my life were all Christian.

There have been far more genocidal acts commited in the name of a religion for a bunch of canned food and money in donations to make up for