Author Topic: can i tell you how amazing 3D printing stuff really is  (Read 5943 times)

i loving love 3d printing. i almost 3d printed a model of my house but i decided i should spend my money on something else.

I volunteer at a 3D printing lab. For volunteering I get community service hours as well as free printing. (unless the print is really big and will take like 2 days)

This is the first thing I printed. What else should I print? it's a makerbot replicator 2 so the quality isn't great but it's good enough

holy stuff make the weirdest lego block in existence and sell it for millions of dollars

do a blockhead, the hands actually touch the torso a bit and there could be some thin material to connect the feet. plus how did you come by the opportunity to volunteer ate a 3d printing lab?

do a blockhead, the hands actually touch the torso a bit and there could be some thin material to connect the feet
alternatively, the figure could be sitting on a platform.

alternatively, the figure could be sitting on a platform.
yes that

Wasn't there a whole controversy based on 3D printing?

I think the Liberator 3D printed Pistol was hosted on The Pirate Bay... That attracted a lot of attention.

._.

do a blockhead, the hands actually touch the torso a bit and there could be some thin material to connect the feet. plus how did you come by the opportunity to volunteer ate a 3d printing lab?
say, aren't you the guy who makes all those blockland blender animations? if so, can you rig up a quick blockhead model that has holes in the limbs so i can put some clear tubing in between or something?

there's a library downtown that created a makerspace to introduce people to "maker culture"

one of my friends was already volunteering there so i signed up

edit: do any DIY people know how i could rig up a blockhead to have some clear material between the limbs? what material would i use/what could i buy? i don't want to use glass and i dont know how i could use plastic

I would do something clever like touching the hands to the torso and making a "BLOCKLAND" sign in front of the figure connecting the torso to feet

Id so make Aviation Briefing Sticks of some WWI Biplanes :D

I would do something clever like touching the hands to the torso and making a "BLOCKLAND" sign in front of the figure connecting the torso to feet
smart. or maybe i could run string between the limbs and hang the blockhead from somewhere.
edit:
i feel like modeling a blockhead figure but i have no experience. if somebody models me a blockhead figure with limbs connected able to be connected by some clear material + twistable shoulders, i will print two and mail you one.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:11:23 PM by ultimamax »

smart. or maybe i could run string between the limbs and hang the blockhead from somewhere.
edit:
i feel like modeling a blockhead figure but i have no experience. if somebody models me a blockhead figure with limbs connected able to be connected by some clear material + twistable shoulders, i will print two and mail you one.
Might make one tomorrow in class
But I don't want you to mail me one, I have free access to at least 3 different printers

fair enough. if you make one, PM me or something please.

say, aren't you the guy who makes all those blockland blender animations? if so, can you rig up a quick blockhead model that has holes in the limbs so i can put some clear tubing in between or something?

there's a library downtown that created a makerspace to introduce people to "maker culture"

one of my friends was already volunteering there so i signed up

edit: do any DIY people know how i could rig up a blockhead to have some clear material between the limbs? what material would i use/what could i buy? i don't want to use glass and i dont know how i could use plastic
no, that's DarkStar you're thinking about