Author Topic: can i tell you how amazing 3D printing stuff really is  (Read 5940 times)

say, aren't you the guy who makes all those blockland blender animations? if so, can you rig up a quick blockhead model that has holes in the limbs so i can put some clear tubing in between or something?

there's a library downtown that created a makerspace to introduce people to "maker culture"

one of my friends was already volunteering there so i signed up

edit: do any DIY people know how i could rig up a blockhead to have some clear material between the limbs? what material would i use/what could i buy? i don't want to use glass and i dont know how i could use plastic
no im not who you think i am, but i could still do what you suggested so yuppies i will.

and of course these unspeakable horrors had to follow:

I think 3D printing is amazing too. I may get a 3D printer myself when the prices for them drop in a year or two. I think that 3D printing pen is great as well and I really want it but it costs $100 to pre-order (QQ).

I think 3D printing is a great idea, but it might be dangerous since the possibilities of printing guns is out there and so on.

If i had a printer I'd print a wall shelf and then some figures on top of it.

I think 3D printing is a great idea, but it might be dangerous since the possibilities of printing guns is out there and so on.

If i had a printer I'd print a wall shelf and then some figures on top of it.
no more dangerous than manufacturing guns like we do now lol

Btw this is also relevant:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/117421627/the-peachy-printer-the-first-100-3d-printer-and-sc
That's too cheap to be useful. You can't get the technology needed for high quality 3d printing at bargain 100 dollars

it's a makerbot replicator 2 so the quality isn't great but it's good enough
It's the best desktop 3d printer quality you will find for under 3000 dollars

The form1 is better
Unless of course you meant only fdm printers

If I ever had the money.

The form1 is better
Unless of course you meant only fdm printers
While the form1 had about the same price while it was on kickstarter, they now raised the price by $1000 for no reason at all.

and of course these unspeakable horrors had to follow:

Even if it was a meme, it's still pretty cool

Someone should make 3D print outs of Borderlands Guns.

NOW

oh! i should print a blockland item or a jeep or something
what should i print? i'm thinking a wrench or a jeep, maybe a horse